Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Tape PAX Challenge reminder (4/30/05)

Default Pro Tape PAX Challenge reminder (4/30/05)

Just a quick reminder -

The regular registration deadline for the April 30th Pro Tape Signs PAX Challenge is this Friday, 4/1/05. If you haven't mailed in your registration by that date, there is an additional $15 late registration fee.

I'd love to see some you guys out there. With the payout extended to top 10 in each Heat, fully 20% of the registered entrants will win some cash. Even if you don't think you're likely to win any money, consider that this event will offer 6+ runs, doesn't cost much more than S2k or ER, will be limited to 100 entrants, and that you get a t-shirt out of the deal. It should be a lot of fun for everyone, and I hope to see a lot of you out there!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Default Re: Pro Tape PAX Challenge reminder (4/30/05)

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Just a quick reminder -

The regular registration deadline for the April 30th Pro Tape Signs PAX Challenge is this Friday, 4/1/05. If you haven't mailed in your registration by that date, there is an additional $15 late registration fee.
    Well I guess I need to make a decision on this one, by Thursday. Other than Altiain who else is planning on attending this one??

So many cars, so little time. - RIP

I'll be there either with the M3 and a horrible SM pax or driving something else with a really soft pax (smile).
    Jim H.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Still no tire class.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

The General will be there. Remember there is a good chance that the course used will be run backwards Sunday for the ER event. Andrew Hahn is the event master.

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Still no tire class.
    Sure there is - you sign up in C Stock and run with that PAX, just like you would on your Rapide runs with ER.

Seriously though - in a cash event that is handicapped on PAX, how would you suggest non-ST cars be indexed on street tires?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I would love to be there, and had fully intended to. However, I found out this week that I will be working at TMS that day, driving Z06's and Mustangs on the "roval" and instructing for Texas Driving Experience folks... AND getting paid... Bummer, huh?
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Quote Originally Posted by OzCop
    I would love to be there, and had fully intended to. However, I found out this week that I will be working at TMS that day, driving Z06's and Mustangs on the "roval" and instructing for Texas Driving Experience folks... AND getting paid... Bummer, huh?
    Rat bastard!!

So Phil... how does an competent driver with instructing experience get a gig like that?
    Iain

So Phil... how does an competent driver with instructing experience get a gig like that?
    Why, is Jon Wagner asking? :P

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Why, is Jon Wagner asking? :P
    That's just funny - I don't care who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    He shoots, he scores!!
    and that's just funny unless you're Altiain
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Hey folks, looks like Larry is cancelling this event due to low entry. I wrote him a note and asked him to reconsider since most folks wait till the week prior to pre-register for most events. If you had intended to run this event, let him know now...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

How much it bees costin'?
    Where is it gonna be?
    I might be in for it, should I get my springs and shocks on in time.
    99 Miata Black

uh nevermind I went to their site and got the lowdown.
    One thing though, can you pay on the day of the event in cash?
    99 Miata Black

Hey folks, looks like Larry is cancelling this event due to low entry. I wrote him a note and asked him to reconsider since most folks wait till the week prior to pre-register for most events. If you had intended to run this event, let him know now...
    I don't understand why more people on this board aren't interested. The event wasn't going to cost much more than a typical ER or S2k event, you get a free t-shirt for entering, and you get six runs.
    Iain

I don't understand why more people on this board aren't interested. The event wasn't going to cost much more than a typical ER or S2k event, you get a free t-shirt for entering, and you get six runs.
    I would have been interested if there was a Tire class and there are several others here who run tire class too.

I would have been interested if there was a Tire class and there are several others here who run tire class too.

Do you not run open class when you do PAX runs at an ER event? How is this any different?
    Iain

Do you not run open class when you do PAX runs at an ER event? How is this any different?
    As I said in the other thread - PAX was paid for when I signed up for the year. Taking advantage of more seat time doesn't mean I think I have a chance to win.

Good news!

The event may still be on... sort of. Since the site is already reserved and ER's timing and scoring equipment was already reserved, Leland Burns has picked up the event and he intends to do a similar money event... although he has no details yet.

Here's what Leland had to say:
    Well I'm sorry that Larry went and emailed this out before I could work out the arrangements but the event/date is NOT going to be scrubbed - yet. We still have the site reserved and I'm going to pick it up and do it. Do not expect big bucks but we'll pay out for sure based on number of entries. I have to meet with the ER board so I would encourage you to request that ER still plan on working the event (although it will be a different event - sort of). Everyone please count on coming and let's all have some fun with lots of runs. I send out some details soon.

Leland Burns
    If you're interested drop Leland a line: leland d-o-t burns a-t sbcglobal d-o-t net
    Iain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast