Thread: Robbins glass back window repair?

Default Robbins glass back window repair?

Anyone have a lead on a repair company? The glass back window is coming out of my streamline canvas top. I tried gluing it and it holds until I put the top down, then it pops back out of the channel. I used the 3M stuff Robbins recommends for the install, I would think it's the strongest rubbery glue you can find.

Ive talked to Rogue, he only does installs, not repairs. My understanding is Robbins covers the top for two years, my top is three years old.

Anyone ever been down this road before? I need to get it fixed quick and i'm willing to pay for it. whatever is cheaper than a new top, and this thing is not even old.

Edit: I just happened to read this on their website:
    [quote] For a period of Six (6) years from the date of first installation to the original owner, Robbins Auto Top, LLC will repair or replace defective units for the following reasons: cracking or breaking of plastic components (excluding plastic windows); delamination of the deck seams; failure or separation of the stitching (excluding fading); delamination of the topping material (excluding Everflex which is one (1) year). Additionally, the bond between the topping material and the glass window is covered by warranty against separation, delamination or leaking for as long as the original owner owns the vehicle on which the top was installed.[quote]

Maybe I jumped the gun on the post, oops. I've sent them an email and report back for reference. I never registered it and don't think I have the paperwork anywhere...
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 10-15-2012 at 06:15 AM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Update: After a long ordeal between Moss and Robbins I got a call from Robbins and they're making it right. I won't go into details, but Robbins seems to be a stand up company these days, as well as Moss. Apparently Robbins is under new ownership as of this year I believe, or last year. Tough to get ahold of, but good folks.
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 11-20-2012 at 05:32 AM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Good to hear. That's why I only install Robbins tops. I'm pretty sure Rogue feels the same way. You get what you pay for. Even though it was defective they did right by you. Awesome!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Good to hear. That's why I only install Robbins tops. I'm pretty sure Rogue feels the same way. You get what you pay for. Even though it was defective they did right by you. Awesome!

How much to install one on a 96? I'm going to have to do it real soon!
    Nothing like the whine of a SC at full throttle!

Quote Originally Posted by titanescape View Post
    How much to install one on a 96? I'm going to have to do it real soon!
    Give me a call at the shop and we can discuss options.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)