Thread: Hallet Track Day opportunity (6/4/05)

Default Hallet Track Day opportunity (6/4/05)

Stolen from the local S2k board.

Hello.

I organize an annual event called the National Prelude Meet(weekend national meet for Prelude owners), and each year we have a track day. This year we are doing the event in Tulsa and having the track day at Hallett. As we usually dont have enough Prelude owners to fill all the track spots, we open the registration to anyone who would like to participate. This will be a standard, non-timed DE event. We have 5 classes based on previous experience, and we will have paid instructors for the lower 3 classes for those newer to track days. We expect each group to get 4-6 20 minute sessions on the track. The track day registration price is $120, and you can find all the details here: http://www.nationalpreludemeet.com/registration.htm We also have a forum there with discussion about the event, and should you decide to stay the whole weekend, there is information on the hotel we are using as well as the car show, drag and autox.

I know Todd Marcucci from the Prelude community, and he suggested I post the information here for you, I just wanted to invite any and all members of NTS2KOC to the event, and feel free to let me know if you have any questions about the event either here by pm or you can email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Drew
    Miatas are welcome - in fact, our own rx7gslse has apparently signed up.... without posting the info here. :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

That sounds more like what I would like to do, gotta get a roll bar though.
    I have been trynig to talk my wife into doing this so i can get her more interested in the Miata ie...approve upgrades...lol
    99 Miata Black

Rollbars are not required for this event. However, real rollbars (as opposed to pretty chrome non-functional style bars) are definitely a good idea in any car that will see open track time.

Be forewarned - Hallet is an incredibly fun track (best of the six tracks I've driven - TWS 1.9, TWS 3.2, TMS infield, TMS roval, MSR, and Hallet), but it is an unforgiving track. The tire walls are very close to the racing surface. They have to be, because the tree line starts twenty or so yards behind them. There are also blind corners, where you can't see the apex until you've already committed to it.

This is a great track if you've got experience, but it is not a track I would recommend for a first timer.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Sounds like a blast!!!
    I will do some more talking to her and maybe get her into something a little less agressive to start off, thanks for the info.
    99 Miata Black

Default Re: Hallet Track Day opportunity (6/4/05)

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Stolen from the local S2k board.

Hello.

I organize an annual event called the National Prelude Meet(weekend national meet for Prelude owners), and each year we have a track day. This year we are doing the event in Tulsa and having the track day at Hallett. As we usually dont have enough Prelude owners to fill all the track spots, we open the registration to anyone who would like to participate. This will be a standard, non-timed DE event. We have 5 classes based on previous experience, and we will have paid instructors for the lower 3 classes for those newer to track days. We expect each group to get 4-6 20 minute sessions on the track. The track day registration price is $120, and you can find all the details here: http://www.nationalpreludemeet.com/registration.htm We also have a forum there with discussion about the event, and should you decide to stay the whole weekend, there is information on the hotel we are using as well as the car show, drag and autox.

I know Todd Marcucci from the Prelude community, and he suggested I post the information here for you, I just wanted to invite any and all members of NTS2KOC to the event, and feel free to let me know if you have any questions about the event either here by pm or you can email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Drew
    Miatas are welcome - in fact, our own rx7gslse has apparently signed up.... without posting the info here. :P
    heh, yep I'm in! I signed up this weekend.. (hence my wonderings on trailers last week)

I was convinced to join by my ex-roomate from college in his C5.

Of course when I signed up was after a day of heavy drinking, so I apologize if I didn't cross post the info here..

I've run Hallet once before in teh Rx7 and had a blast... Especially running backwards. It is a bit more technical than MSR (and not as clean of a track surface) but is one *hell* of a lot of fun...

Eh, sorry if I didn't forum search first. This thread is over a month old and I've been busy with school/work so far this year so been out of the loop. Normally I check but I got a concussion and shattered my nose Monday thanks to a hockey puck, so I'm still a little out of it when posted that other thread...was just happy for more track time! So I'll be out of the loop again for a few weeks; reconstructive surgery Monday morning. :hockey:

At any rate, my friend Brian and I should be going so I guess I'll see rx7gslse there.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    Eh, sorry if I didn't forum search first. Yadda Yadda Yadda...

No soup for you!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Eh, sorry if I didn't forum search first. This thread is over a month old and I've been busy with school/work so far this year so been out of the loop. Normally I check but I got a concussion and shattered my nose Monday thanks to a hockey puck, so I'm still a little out of it when posted that other thread...was just happy for more track time! So I'll be out of the loop again for a few weeks; reconstructive surgery Monday morning.
    No biggie - that's why I happily provided a link to this thread to continue the discussion.

Trust me - if you piss off the moderators around here, we'll let you know in no uncertain terms.

Glad to hear the surgery went well, and sorry to hear about the accident. Y'all have fun up there at Hallett!
    Iain

so what are you guys running? cars? tires? I'm debating wether to hassle with the r-compounds or just run on street tires.... R compounds more fun... street tires easier.. Hmmm.....

any chance you want to get a carvan or something?
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    No biggie - that's why I happily provided a link to this thread to continue the discussion.

Trust me - if you piss off the moderators around here, we'll let you know in no uncertain terms.

Glad to hear the surgery went well, and sorry to hear about the accident. Y'all have fun up there at Hallett!

Yah, no problem.

Actually I've just been letting the nose swelling go down recovering from the concussion this week, hence the not-so-coherient postings. Surgery is this Monday...actually I have to leave about 3 hrs after this posts!

rx7gslse:
    We still have to get signed up but we should be going. I should have my shocks replaced before then. I have Azenies on a set of stock wheels and my friend Brian has Kumo V700's that have at least one day left for the track. We will probably drive Friday afternoon late. I can save you the cost of a hotel too. check you're pm
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Yah, no problem.

Actually I've just been letting the nose swelling go down recovering from the concussion this week, hence the not-so-coherient postings. Surgery is this Monday...actually I have to leave about 3 hrs after this posts!
    Wha happened?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Wha happened?
    Well lets see... he said 6 posts up
    Normally I check but I got a concussion and shattered my nose Monday thanks to a hockey puck

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Wha happened?
    Normally I check but I got a concussion and shattered my nose Monday thanks to a hockey puck, so I'm still a little out of it when posted that other thread...was just happy for more track time! So I'll be out of the loop again for a few weeks; reconstructive surgery Monday morning. :hockey:
    DANG! Titus beat me to it...

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

rx7gslse:
    We still have to get signed up but we should be going. I should have my shocks replaced before then. I have Azenies on a set of stock wheels and my friend Brian has Kumo V700's that have at least one day left for the track. We will probably drive Friday afternoon late. I can save you the cost of a hotel too. check you're pm
    I dunno exactly what my plans are... fiance's brother lives in Tulsa, and I'm meeting a friend of mine coming in from LIttle Rock for the race.. We'll figure it out.

I'm debating what to do with tires... I have a set of 16" V700s that are nicely worn, but I don't have an easy way of gettin them there, and I'd like to be able to run teh rest of the summer AutoX without having to buy new R-tires.. My other thought was just to replace my ailing street tires with a set of MX's and just run on those...

How are not so nicely worn (aka month old) MXs for a track event? Any chunking issues?

Decisions decisions....
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??