Thread: Anyone have a spare 1.6L Cat?

Default Anyone have a spare 1.6L Cat?

I ordered what was said to be a cat off of ebay, and I can see through it, so I am thinking that it is not a cat, and I have to pass my inspection this week. So does anyone have a 1.6L cat I can use....

I've seen some "high flow" cats that you can see right through... the catalysts sit either side or all around the pipe. Supposedly, they work just the same...

Post up a link... I'd like to see what this one looks like!

I'll snap a pic tonight and post it up.

Chris

You just want to borrow one for the inspection, or one to have?
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.

Check with Danny from KeDavi...

He had some spare NA parts laying around from when he did his upgrades...

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Come on Kagggggggs, I've got one you could use.
    Its at the monkey's house.

You know you need to come to monkeys and just load it all up
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Here is the "cat" I have... Do you think it has any chance of getting me past the emissions test???

Chris

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

What's the grace period on failing an emissions test? You could always put it on, try to pass, maybe pass, maybe not... and provided how much of a grace period there is you could get Ataim's cat instead if the eBay special doesn't work.

Oopp...

Quote Originally Posted by DPS Website
    PARTS AVAILABILITY TIME EXTENSION

A Parts Availability Time Extension may be granted in accordance with the following conditions. First, the applicant must demonstrate to the DPS:

1. reasonable attempts were made to locate necessary vehicle emissions control part(s) by retail or wholesale parts suppliers; and
    2. vehicle emissions-related repairs cannot be completed before the expiration of the inspection certificate or before the 30-day period following an out-of-cycle inspection because the repairs require an uncommon part. Uncommon Part is defined as a part that takes more than 30 days for expected delivery and installation.

When applying for a Parts Availability Time Extension, the applicant shall provide to the DPS:

1. an original VIR indicating the vehicle failed the emissions test;
    2. an invoice, receipt, or original itemized document indicating the uncommon part(s) ordered by: name; description; catalog number; order number; source of part(s), including name, address and telephone number of parts distributor; and expected delivery and installation date(s). The original itemized document must be prepared by a Recognized Emissions Repair Technician of Texas or the supplier of the part(s) before a Parts Availability Time Extension can be issued.

A Parts Availability Time Extension is not allowed for tampering-related repairs.

If the vehicle does not pass the emissions re-test prior to the expiration of the Parts Availability Time Extension, the applicant must provide to the DPS, adequate documentation that one of the following conditions exists:

1. the motorist qualifies for Repair Assistance and Retrofit Program or Individual Vehicle Waiver; or
    2. the motor vehicle will no longer be operated in the program area.

A vehicle that receives a Parts Availability Time Extension in one testing cycle must have the vehicle repaired and re-tested prior to the expiration of such extension or must qualify for another type of waiver or time extension, in order to be eligible for a Parts Availability Time Extension in the subsequent testing cycle.

The length of a Parts Availability Time Extension shall depend upon expected delivery and installation date(s) of the uncommon part(s), as determined by the DPS representative on a case-by-case basis. A Parts Availability Time Extension will be issued for either 30, 60 or 90 days. The DPS shall issue a unique time extension sticker for Parts Availability Time Extensions, at no cost to the motorist.

I have until Friday to retest.... So the safe bet would be to get a stock cat an run it....

Somehow that cat looks like a straight pipe to me...

I'd be filing a complaint with eBay and whoever you used to pay the guy... hopefully a credit card

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

no i dont think its a straight pipe, because they are just that, just a pipe with the flanges on the ends, this one looks like theres something in it.
    -AJ Ngo