Hello everyone,

I originally purchased this car as a means of getting around town without driving the miata all the time, however , circumstances has changed and I now have a 2012 si for daily driver duty, thus this one will have to go. The si was procured very shortly since this car was bought and fixed ,and less then 3000 miles were driven by me.

I purchased the car as a fixer upper and have since bought nearly all maintenance up to date. Below is a list:

1.Both window regulators are replaced with new parts, the windows originally have the infamous "stuck 1 inch below fully close" issue which was caused by stripped motor gear. both window now open/close normally, albeit a bit slow at times.

2.Both windshield wipers are new, as in installed roughly a month ago

3.Passenger side fender was replaced with aftermarket unit then sprayed to match, it was in horrible shape when I got the car.

4.bumper/inner bumper support were replaced with aftermarket unit and sprayed to match, the originals sustained light collision damage and did not match the car very well in color, although if you are picky you may want to replace the front bumper yet again, I will explain later below.

5.Timing belt ,water pump, timing belt tensioner pulley, and valve cover gasket were replaced with mitsuboshi and GMB brand parts, cam/crank seal done at the same time.

6.both v belts are refreshed with mitsuboshi replacements.

7.replaced ac compressor with Evarco unit, lines flushed, associated o-rings refreshed prior to install, and correct charge of Pag-100 oil was fed to the compressor before R-134a recharge to ensure longevity. ac now blows around 40 degrees at vent reliably.

8.brand new street tires installed on 14" steelies were put on, the car came with some 17" heavy rim which were since traded away. Tires are since driven for roughly 2000 miles, still looks new, albeit dusty.

9. alignment performed by 5th Gear, a highly reputable shop in Lewisville, right after the new tires are put on.

10. Spark plugs were changed with NGK units respectively,wires are some no name "VMS Racing" stuff that came with the plugs for free, they have been working fine so far.

11. Manual Transmission fluid and power steering fluid were changed with Honda OEM fluid.

12. Oil was changed with valvoline Maxlife, Brake/clutch fluid refreshed with prestone DOT4.

13. coolant reservoir tank replaced with new part( the oem unit had a crack along the seam)

14.both headlight assemblies are replaced with new aftermarket units( the PO "retrofitted" the housings with some projector/halogen bulb setup that had extremely poor light output and pattern, I decided to change them due to safety concerns), OSRAM H4 Xtravision bulbs are used alongside the install.

15.shocks are refreshed with KYB GR-2.

16. installed a dead pedal since the original was missing.

17. threw on a skunk 2 440 gram shift knob, I still have the original if you want it.

18:PO has installed a Sony Head unit which will come with the car.

With that concluded, I would like to disclose the problems that I've yet addressed:

1.It have a coolant leak coming from one of the hoses underneath the intake manifold, a condition that was present when I purchased this car. Due to this car mostly sitting idle very soon after purchase and my busy schedule, I never got around to it.I Just kept the reservoir topped off. I highly recommend pinpointing the source of leak and fixing it.

2.the car leaks oil from a unknown location. Again, never tracked it down, it seems to be from the intake side of the engine. most known leaks has been fixed( crank seal, cam seal, distributor gasket, valve cover gasket etc) it's not horrible and requires a little below a quart in the whole 2300 miles that I've driven since purchase. This I would worry less about.

3.The new front bumper is torn off it's support bracket on the passenger side due to unknown reasons, I simply came down to the car one day and damage's already there. I suspect vandalism or someone's tow hook caught it(more likely), but again, no way to prove my theories.Bumper is otherwise in fine shape and might be fixable.

Besides that, other things you may want to consider:

1. The car is high mileage, 223,xxx at time of purchase( but hondas seems to live forever! most problems that I've witnessed are directly Linked to lack of maintenance instead of mileage)
2. It was resprayed black by MAACO during PO's ownership and they did a mediocre job.
3. The 3 issues listed above.

The good:
1.Maintenance is all up to date, nearly ready for being driven daily
2.Blue, Clear title.
3.Very inexpensive car to own and maintain, as 6th gen Civics have practically the same if not superior parts availability as miatas.
4.Engine and transmission( original to the car) still pull strongly and shift feel is buttery smooth.

Conclusion:
a show quality car this isn't, but if you are looking for something that's cheap and well sorted, needing very little to become a 100% reliable daily driver,I believe this will be a hard deal to beat. Most civics' of this vintage are priced in the same range as mine yet few have provable , recent, up to date maintenance record like my offer here.

If you are interested in seeing the car, please shoot me a pm here and I will respond asap. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

P.S, I will try and post up some photos tomorrow.