Thread: Accord Woes

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Default Accord Woes

A friend of mine has 03 Accord 6 cyl. bazillion miles.
    It flashes codes, runs really roughly and then clears up. The codes are misfires on all cylinders.

While it was loaned to his nephew in another town, this started and the kid took it to some shop. They replaced one of the 02 sensors and the EGR. Seemed to fix it until the next time it decided to mess up.

He has Googled this problem, searched all the usual forums, and it has been to his regular mechanic. Instead of throwing parts at it, the car is going to a 'diagnostic shop' recommended by his guy today. Car's not worth much and he doesn't want to sink a lot of money into it, but it needs to be fixed so he can use it or sell it.

Have any of you seen similar situations with this engine?

TIA
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I had misfire code on my 98 Civic. It was coolant leaking into the cylinder from getting too hot (radiator broke).
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

M3 is always the answer.

Thanks Ken. I'll pass that on to him.
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

We had the intake and passages cleaned up on our 05 v6 accord when we did the TB service. I asked him to do a valve adjustment and he found the plenum was pretty dirty when he opened it up, hence the cleaning. I seafoamed the car once on my own to help with the passages. Open the intake plenum by removing the panel on the top of the motor and you'll see how bad the carbon/oil buildup is.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Our Honda Odyssey would do this and Honda would clean the passages. On the 2000 the had a recall when they drilled the opening larger.
    M3 is always the answer.

I've passed these along to him too. Spark plugs was the answer at the answer at the diagnostics shop. We'll see.