Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TX Region SCCA Autocross School March 9th

Default TX Region SCCA Autocross School March 9th

Announcing our 2013 Texas Region Solo School, March 9th at Dallas Raceway.

$65 for SCCA members. $75 for non-members.

**The Solo School's entry fee includes a FREE entry into Texas Region autocross event #1 the next day at the same site!

Short classroom session & LOTS of behind the wheel instruction!!

For more information & a link to registration, go to: http://texasscca.org/soloautocross

Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

According to MorotsportReg.com, no one is registered yet. Anyone planning on going? A month away too early to make plans?

My buddy and I are planning on it. He has a MINI so I'll probably run my MINI too.
    2001 BRG Miata SE and 2007 MINI Cooper S

Who is teaching?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    Who is teaching?
    So far there's 15 people signed up to help instruct for the school. The goal is to have a ratio of 1 instructor to 3 students. Instructors are all class leaders in the local SCCA autocross series with multiple years of autocross experience. Seat time is the main emphasis with instructors helping students get a better understanding of car control, how to approach different elements of a course & a general "Autocross 101" beginners approach to the sport.

Phil Osborne will be instructing the breif classroom session in the morning giving students a overview of the basics. Afterwards the instructors will be assigned students based off of what type of car the student drives. Instructors that run FWD cars with FWD car students. And likewise, instructors that run RWD cars with RWD students.

We'll be setting up 2 basic element courses at the site. Both will have differnt basic elements of autocross.

The idea isn't to turn you into an instant SCCA National Champion but rather a solid introduction with instruction from multi-year autocrossers. Our goal is to help people that want a better understanding of the sport & a better comcept of how to approach an autocross course. We've priced the school rather low in comparison to the National Autocross school programs. In addition to a days worth of instruction you get your lunch paid for & entree fee covered for the 1st SCCA autocross of the season (which is the next day at the same site).

Loaner helmets will be available free of charge.
    Last edited by autoxmax; 02-10-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    According to MorotsportReg.com, no one is registered yet. Anyone planning on going? A month away too early to make plans?
    Actually the registration setup had the entrant count hidden before.

...fixed.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

OK, buddy and I are in. Looking forward to it.
    2001 BRG Miata SE and 2007 MINI Cooper S

Eighteen as of today!

Just giving a "heads-up" on the TX Region Autocross School...

As of this morning (2 weeks until the school) the entries are up to 30 people. We're at the 1/2 way point on student capacity.

Don't wait too long to enter the school. Everytime we have the spring begginers school we have folks that wait to the last minute to sign-up & unfortunately find that the school is already full.

Please understand that we don't want to go past the 60 student entry limit in order to keep the student to instructor ratio low.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

This is an incredible program. And a great value. I think anyone who is looking for more seat time can benefit. Experienced drivers and novices a like. I attended a LONG time ago LOL
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

I attended in 2006 and 2007.

I attended in 09 and 10.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Attended in 1986.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Default TX Region SCCA Autocross School March 9th

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    Attended in 1986.
    Geez. I would think there'd be problems with dinosaurs chasing people away.

Attended in 1986.
    Someone was able to get a etching of nomadtrash in action looks like Penningstone Field!

Attended in 1986.
    Born in 1986.

Even using my feet for locomotion and having rock hard tires, literally, I still beat Mick by 3 seconds.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Default Re: TX Region SCCA Autocross School March 9th

For anyone on the fence about attending the school - do it! It's a great program for beginners and experienced autocrossers alike. I attended the school for three years in a row as a student. This time around I will be there as an instructor. The classroom portion is really good, and Phil is one of the best instructors around - he will make you think, and WILL make you faster. Plus, you'll get tons of seat time, and personal instruction from experienced autocrossers. It's a no-brainer!
    Mark Wortham
    SS #197 - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by mwortham View Post
    For anyone on the fence about attending the school - do it! It's a great program for beginners and experienced autocrossers alike. I attended the school for three years in a row as a student. This time around I will be there as an instructor. The classroom portion is really good, and Phil is one of the best instructors around - he will make you think, and WILL make you faster. Plus, you'll get tons of seat time, and personal instruction from experienced autocrossers. It's a no-brainer!
    Lover-boy is correct this is a great school I took it back in the olden days and it helped me a ton!

If my co-driver wasn't jetting of to Europe the day before this event she would have been first in line for this school!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast