Thread: Ordered some new Xidas, brakes and wing!

Default Ordered some new Xidas, brakes and wing!

So the wife and i have been talking about trading in her old boring altima for something else. We ended up getting her a AWD Nissan juke, it's surprisingly fun to drive the little thing. That meant she no longer had the right to "it's my car you can't sell it" on the Expedition I towed the track car with. So i put out a any one want to buy a SUV on Facebook and had it sold 3 days later. i then turned around and found a truck to tow my track car with at a good price the same day leaving me some cash to spend on the Miata and a good tow vehicle (Nissan Titan king cab).

I ordered up some Xida-S coil overs with the fancy metal mounts and helper springs with 800/500 springs. i also ordered up a wing for the car from 949, the gtc-200 super miata wing with the gurney flap. i also decided to upgrade the brakes and ordered the flyin miata 4 wheel big brake kit. i just couldnt see spending the same money for the front wheels only with the TSE kit when i've been fine so far with stock brakes running at a good clip at ECR. I'll have to cook something up for front aero before i can use that wing and get the car re-aligned and corner balanced.

So i've ran a 2:02 and some change at ECR already with no aero, stock brakes, and ground control and koni sports, i hope to gain at least a couple seconds with this new stuff. AND keep trey from passing me in his NA car.

Irritatingly, all this happened a week or so after i put brand new rotors all around and new DTC-60 brake pads. once i move to the BBK ill not be able to use the front pads or the new rotors. Not a single track day on them. I'll also be selling the current coil overs on my car if anyone is in the buying mood. The right rear shock has a frozen adjuster on top, no idea what the deal with that is. it works, no leaks, it just wont adjust like the others.

Congrats.
    You're going to love the xidas.

strathound

I'm interested in the brake pads. What do you want for them?

Now that it's not supposed to snow next Saturday, i will be using them at ECR since the BBK wont be here.

strathound

Quote Originally Posted by shanem View Post
    Now that it's not supposed to snow next Saturday, i will be using them at ECR since the BBK wont be here.
    Holy crap, the 16th is an open track day. Anyone know where I can get a set of those brake pads quick?

MS

amazon prime? you can get them next day if its a prime product and you are a member. I think Michael had said Trackdog stocks some pads too.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by strathound View Post
    Holy crap, the 16th is an open track day. Anyone know where I can get a set of those brake pads quick?

MS
    Track Dog.

BTW, you need to pre-register if you are in green to be sure they have spots left.

Also, who do you guys recommend for corner balancing and alignment?

Texas Track Works

I have a hook-up for you, but you're doing the work while I "manage".
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Sweet, i'll probably manage to break something. im trying to manage to figure out that exhaust leak now. Sadly, the box that came in saturday that i thought was the coilovers wasnt. i havent received any detail from 949 on when they will ship. Waiting to hear from emilio now.

So i found out this morning my new suspension wont be here until April apparently the machined uppers are out of stock until then.

So i found out this morning my new suspension wont be here until April apparently the machined uppers are out of stock until then.
    I talked with Emilio today. He's working with AST to get the billet mounts sooner. Be patient. It's worth it. :)

ive never been accused of being patient lol

Like these?

lolol
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

evil bastard you. between mocking me for my brake purchase, making me worry about the oil cooler stuff not getting here, and now flaunting your spherical uppers if i get suicidal i am leaving a note inviting you to my funeral, and a note telling my freakishly large cousins to beat you with my Xidas.