Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #1 March 3rd in Mineral Wells

Challenge Cup #1 Results
    That was a Fun Event.

Great event! Didn't like the finish, but the rest of the course was pretty fantastic. That third gear sweep before the final slalom was crazy fun on new RS3s.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Thanks for the positive feedback on the course, everyone. Sorry for the last-minute adjustments to the start and finish. We will have another 500' of new cables before the next event. The finish was a little anti-climactic. At least nobody called it a miata course, except Gabby! Wow.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Thanks for the positive feedback on the course, everyone. Sorry for the last-minute adjustments to the start and finish. We will have another 500' of new cables before the next event. The finish was a little anti-climactic. At least nobody called it a miata course, except Gabby! Wow.
    You said flat out!

Both Mike and Gabby were fast today! Great event and looks like I'll be at more future ER events. The finish was not my favorite either, but that's the challenge of autocrossing I guess. Looking forward to the next one already.

I was impressed that the course was a minute long. Lots of time MW courses look long and end up being 45 seconds or less.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    I was impressed that the course was a minute long. Lots of time MW courses look long and end up being 45 seconds or less.
    It was less than a minute for some of us

I liked this turn! This is a screenshot from my final run, and I didn't knock the cone down!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    It was less than a minute for some of us
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

A couple of wise guys are about to get an extra tenth added to their pax factor.
    Andy Cost

I'd rank the course a solid 8.5/10. Probably one of your best Mike :)

It had good overall speed, good high speed and good technical sections. None of the course was tight. The finish pinch wasn't TOO bad. But it seemed a little out of place with the flow of the rest of the course. I did not like the slow down chute. Too small as usual. I was still having to lift before the timing lights in order to avoid taking out the timing trailer.

Great event too Andy! I don't think there were any major timing issues or any issues period except for the very start. Even if there were, they were not noticeable from a driving or working stand point. Really liking these BFG R1S's by the way. Even with Blanton and I both beating on them they are wearing WAY better than I expected. No spraying and they never dropped off. Hope you guys liked the show we put on :)

P.S. Sorry about the coneage LOL
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

I really enjoyed the course. Great job OZMDD! The addition to the finish section did catch me off guard on my first run, but that just goes to show how bad I am about not looking ahead. Why is that still so hard to do? I don't get it!

Thanks to Mr Wagner for warming the tires and a few pointers. Gotta remember to take the tight line especially in MW - at the expense of maintaining speed sometimes. It pays dividends.

I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did!
    Mark Wortham
    SS #197 - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

I put together a side-by-side of Aaron and I's best runs. We were only .3 away from each other so its cool to see where we were catching each other.

Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

That was some good announcing at the end.

I thought it was a blast. Being able to shave time every lap and improve - best event I've had so far. I felt a new connection to my car that I hadn't felt before in terms of control and confidence.

Can't wait for the school next weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by maan1986 View Post
    I thought it was a blast. Being able to shave time every lap and improve - best event I've had so far. I felt a new connection to my car that I hadn't felt before in terms of control and confidence.

Can't wait for the school next weekend!
    I remember that feeling. You're in a great place right now! Look forward to a terrific year for your driving.
    Polished Turd Racing

It was the awesome novice walk through that did it wasn't it.
    Last edited by nomadtrash; 03-08-2013 at 09:44 AM.
    Andy Cost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12