Thread: LSCBMW AutoX #1 March 2nd!

Default LSCBMW AutoX #1 March 2nd!

Sat, Mar 2, 2013
    Autocross/Solo II

AutoX #1 March 2nd, 2013
    Lone Star Chapter BMW Autocross #1 - March 2nd, 2013 Mineral Wells Airpark

Registration is now open for the 2013 LSC BMWCCA AX #1 Sunday, March 2nd, 2013.

Even if you've never autocrossed before, come on out at give it a try. Instructors are provided for novices, and people wanting to try the sport.

If you want to drive in the event you must register. Cost is $35 for BMWCCA members.

**** Register Online at dlbracing.com ****

Registration for 2013 events will be 100% online. We will not accept payment on site! Online registration is available until 9PM the Friday before each event.

Tech Inspection:

All participant vehicles must pass Tech Inspection on site.
    Tech Inspection begins at 8am and will close at 9am.

Mandatory Driver's meeting at 9am.

First car will start around 9:30am.

We will have 5 runs in the morning heat, and 5 runs in the afternoon heat. 10 total runs per driver!

Rides in instructor vehicles are free. A helmet must be worn. There are a limited number of loaner helmets available for those that do not own their own helmet. (Helmets must be rated M-2005 or SA-2005 or newer)

Mineral Wells Airpark - 5300 Airport Road, Mineral Wells, TX, 76067

Registration URL:

http://www.dlbracing.com/Clubs/Regis...D=5263&LMID=11

I'll be there.

Registered.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Driver

I don't get off till 8am sat morning so hopefully I can make if from Texas motor speedway to MW in time for tech

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsrturbo View Post
    I don't get off till 8am sat morning so hopefully I can make if from Texas motor speedway to MW in time for tech
    Grab your tent and stick around for Sunday too! :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Looks like we will have several people attending BMW on Saturday the 2nd and then attending ER on Sunday March 3rd. I am working with Days Inn to get a discounted rate for us. I'll let you know what they offer.

Thanks,
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Here is the response I got from the Days Inn.

"For this weekend I can do the kings for $64.95 and the double queens for $69.95."
    Andy Cost

WTF?! I was just checking in to make sure this event was still on for TOMORROW ("Sunday"), and am totally pissed to find that it was TODAY! Thanks for the wonderful copy paste / forget to edit error!!! Please issue a refund! I feel sorry for the guys that are going to drive to MW tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gernby View Post
    WTF?! I was just checking in to make sure this event was still on for TOMORROW ("Sunday"), and am totally pissed to find that it was TODAY! Thanks for the wonderful copy paste / forget to edit error!!! Please issue a refund! I feel sorry for the guys that are going to drive to MW tomorrow.

Sorry you missed the event.

I see where Sunday, March 2nd was left in the text. There was one other driver who did not show. ER is having an event at MW tomorrow if you are interested or if other guy shows up on Sunday. I will left Michael know of the error.
    M3 is always the answer.

Come on out!
    Andy Cost

Slightly OT, but is LSC BMWCCA planning on doing another one of those "renew your BMWCCA membership and your autocross fees for the next event are covered" promotions this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
    Slightly OT, but is LSC BMWCCA planning on doing another one of those "renew your BMWCCA membership and your autocross fees for the next event are covered" promotions this year?
    Hope so. Mine is about to expire.

Quote Originally Posted by Gernby View Post
    Well, at least you handled it maturely without making a public spectacle. Www.dfwautocross.com, for all your autocross needs.

BTW, we had a blast on Sunday!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    BTW, we had a blast on Sunday!
    Indeed. Nice course Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by revs View Post
    Hope so. Mine is about to expire.
    Mine too. Got the notice in the mail which is why I asked, haha. Hopefully!

Ken O
    What kind of setup is that with the camera that allows you to overlay the speed, gforces, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by maan1986 View Post
    Ken O
    What kind of setup is that with the camera that allows you to overlay the speed, gforces, etc?
    Camera is GoPro2. Overlay software is Dashware. You need a data acquisition system. I am using an older system no longer made. I think you could use Harry's Laptimer.
    M3 is always the answer.