Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TX Region SCCA Autocross #1 - Sunday, March 10, 2013 - Dallas Raceway - Crandall, TX

Quote Originally Posted by AWalker View Post
    Second on this!

It wouldn't affect competition within tire class, it would just give us a better idea of where we might stack up in pax if we run RT classes at national events.
    +3, We get the same PAX modifier of standard AS-HS classes (determined by cars using slicks) even though we're on street tires. Not that I care much about PAX, just an observation...unless I'm looking at it wrong? Also, Brad and Aaron have proven the genesis is too fast to be G-stock (good driving btw)

Great course, had a lot of fun today even with the gale force winds.

AFAIK, RT classes at the national level don't have the .975 added in. However, many regions are implementing it in their overall PAX results. I know for a fact that San Diego, Los Angeles, and other regions all over the place are using it.

And thanks for the compliment Brandon :)
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

He was complimenting the car, Brad, :)

The RT classes are only supplemental, so not technically a national class. If you read the writing on the wall, it is unlikely that there will ever be a jacket awarded based on pax. If that ever happens, Rick Ruth suddenly becomes a kingmaker, and too many people are opposed to that possibility. I think there is a better chance of seeing Stock classes go to a 180 or 200 TW rule, except maybe SS. Who knows.

As for comparing yourself nationally, here ya go:
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Oh, I thought after last year's decent turnout it was made into an actual class. Oh well...
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

That was an interesting event. Glad we got 5 runs. And it was really cool to see so many novices at one event. Except for a few out-liers, it seemed like they all were quick right out of the gate. And I saw improvement on every run. Sounds like the school was a success too!

Challenging course, never felt like I did what I wanted to on it. Lots of high risk low-reward type stuff. Which I love! But it was not easy for me.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    Challenging course, never felt like I did what I wanted to on it. Lots of high risk low-reward type stuff. Which I love! But it was not easy for me.
    I like how the begining 180 and 90 into the slalom worked out. It was hard to nail it. I ended up short-shifting into second while going around the pivot just after start in order to free myself up to deal solely with the 180.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I like how the begining 180 and 90 into the slalom worked out. It was hard to nail it. I ended up short-shifting into second while going around the pivot just after start in order to free myself up to deal solely with the 180.
    Yeah, I was short shifting as well. Just no where to put power down.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    That and turn 2 were my fav parts.

Also hope mrs Jan is ok, looked like at first she was autocrossing, but then got a charley horse. aintnobodygottimefadat!

Maybe low electrolytes/blood sugar? (from my non-assessent)

Quote Originally Posted by brandondan1 View Post
    That and turn 2 were my fav parts.

Also hope mrs Jan is ok, looked like at first she was autocrossing, but then got a charley horse. aintnobodygottimefadat!

Maybe low electrolytes/blood sugar? (from my non-assessent)
    She's fine, thanks. I agree that it was probably low electrolytes that caused a cramp that caused her to twist her knee.

I picked up two small coolers that were left in the paddock area. If you're missing a cooler, let me know. I can bring them to the next event.

Mark
    Mark Wortham
    SS #197 - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

**We are missing one of the SCCA Motorola radios from the event last Sunday.

If anyone might have an idea where the radio might be, please email me.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Default Event Video

Fun event, Here's the Vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r7n-...Ra6XJ759vLmjsg
    If your on a smart phone Ill have a version uploaded to vimeo pretty soon that you can watch, Youtube is being annoying

and I'm missing a number 6 magnet, just to add to the lost and found list

Quote Originally Posted by yeaseth View Post
    Fun event, Here's the Vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r7n-...Ra6XJ759vLmjsg
    If your on a smart phone Ill have a version uploaded to vimeo pretty soon that you can watch, Youtube is being annoying
    Excellent video!

Ben Freedman has done a video from the 1st event. He's our "official Videographer".

Good stuff, Ben!!

Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Great vid!

Nicely put together video! I'm glad you got footage of me doing the most difficult course lining ever. :)
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Thanks!

That's really nice work, Ben! Thanks for putting in the time and effort on that. I really enjoyed your editing and selection. Hope to see more!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    That's really nice work, Ben! Thanks for putting in the time and effort on that. I really enjoyed your editing and selection. Hope to see more!
    +1.... great job!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12