Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Pre-Pro Solo March 17, 2013

Default Equipe Rapide Pre-Pro Solo March 17, 2013

Equipe Rapide will be hosting Challenge Cup #2 on March 17th in Mineral Wells. The event will be a Pro-Solo style mirror cross. This is your opportunity to practice prior to the Pro-Solo in April. Your fastest times from the left and right sides will count. There will be 4 runs on each side for a total of 8 runs on course. All runs will count towards Rapide Pax. Check out our website for more details. www.autocross.com/er

Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

You would think the painter would see himself in a better light.

Will this event have the xmas tree start as well?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Yes, there will be an Xmas tree. Probably won't be identical timing to the pro version, but the concept is the same.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I'll just bring my Festivus Pole.

The Christmas tree wires got eaten by barn rodents. It is questionable whether it will be repaired in time.
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I'll just bring my Festivus Pole.
    Maybe you shouldn't. That painter fellow may try to dance on it. That's a sight no person should see. Burn your retinas, cause permanent brain damage

The only time I do pole dancing is when there is a good chance of dollar bills getting stuffed in my g-string. Most of the time I call that fun runs.
    Andy Cost

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    The only time I do pole dancing is when there is a good chance of dollar bills getting stuffed in my g-string. Most of the time I call that fun runs.
    Dollar bills? What is it glued on? Likely dimes fall out.

Looking forward to this event! And the pro-solo for that matter! I am curious who ISN'T attending because of the format though? Anyone?
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

I hope to see a bunch of you out there on Sunday. We will have a minimum pre-register of 40 in order to run this event as a mirror-cross. If we have less than 40 pre-registered then we will run it as a standard autocross. When you have two courses at a time you have to have two sets of corner workers and trailer workers. Thus, there is the need for a minimum participation level. If you are planning to register on site drop me a note at [email protected].

Thanks,
    Andy Cost

I really really really want to take part in the event, but I won't know if I can make it until late Saturday night.

I have a few questions...if it turns out this will be a mirror cross and since the xmas lights probably won't work, will the start be a "Pinks" style drop of the arms?

Also, the last time I did this there was a handicapping system where two cars in different classes were staged further back from the "start line". For example, when I ran BSP I gave a 160ft head start to an HS car. I'd hate to be running in the Genesis and watch JFo give me the finger as he blasts me off the line.
    Last edited by BMcCann; 03-11-2013 at 11:26 AM.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

I don't think we will have a tree. It will be flagged at the start. There probably won't be a good way to handicap. I would say that you come to an agreement with the other driver that he wait a second before starting or in your case wait a few seconds.
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    if it turns out this will be a mirror cross and since the xmas lights probably won't work, will the start be a "Pinks" style drop of the arms?
    Nope, Andy's pepperonis.

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    I'd hate to be running in the Genesis and watch JFo give me the finger as he blasts me off the line.
    He does that anyway.

I got in touch with the computer guy who ran the mirrorcross I did a few years back. When we did it, we turned it into a double elimination 32 person tournament. We split it up into three different brackets: Stock on race rubber, SP+, and street tire. Not every bracket was full, but the end result of this format was a huge success.

Since I have extra time this week, I took one of the brackets he made and plugged in the first event's top 32 in pax.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xukvk75d8...%20example.xls

Things to note:
    -I picked favorites all the way through the bracket.
    -Course length is 3000ft...that could always be different
    -If at any point codrivers need to go against each other, they both take on one side of the course. You would need to have a set of timing lights set up and whoever goes quicker gets the advance.
    -Wouldn't you all love to see Jeremy Foley give up 215ft at the start and beat me?

When you open up the document, make sure you turn on macros. If you do, you can clear the bracket and plug in your own people to see how it goes!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

I may be looking for a co-drive at this event. If you need a tire warmer let me know. I'm open to any kind of car.
    Mark Wortham
    SS #197 - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Jrj512 email account is over quota. I tried to send some hairy pepperoni photos to him but they bounced back. Either that or he has the content filter turned on. (Doubtful)
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by mwortham View Post
    I may be looking for a co-drive at this event. If you need a tire warmer let me know. I'm open to any kind of car.
    If Andy is running the MR2, you can co with me Mark.
    -Jim
    Ok -- who owns "Team Squid?" I want in!!
    SOLD! - 2004 Titanium Gray MX-5 MazdaSpeed (#744 of 4000). Bone stock!
    Next up: Mustang Guard EB, 6sp manual, 100a package, Performance package, Recaros and the back-up beep-beep!

Timing belt is a tooth off I hope to have it fixed Saturday. I have a line on a mustang co-drive but don't know if it will pan out.
    Andy Cost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast