Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mineral Wells ProSolo -- April 13-14, 2013

Cool Mineral Wells ProSolo -- April 13-14, 2013

For all of you procrastinators, online registration closes in just over a week.

After April 8, 2013, 12pm CDT all entries must be faxed or emailed to the National office. A non-refundable fee of $143.00 is due for entries received after 12pm CDT.

We are so lucky to have a Pro event in our backyard. If you have never run a Pro event, they are (IMHO) the most fun you can have autocrossing! Sign up, and head out for a fun weekend behind the wheel, and lots of great social time Friday and Saturday nights.

http://www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=5464
    Su B.
    SSP - #117
    08 997.1 Turbo

So pumped for the Pro!!!! (even with a national champ looking to kill all of RT2)
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

If you've ever wondered why people drive 12+ hours to attend Nationals, Tours and Pros, this is your opportunity to experience the hoopla in-person. Its really well-worth the two day commitment. Don't let yourself be intimidated by the level of the competition; there are plenty of folks who aren't "hardcore" who come and race. The level of competition in DFW is actually quite high relative to many other areas, so you might surprise yourself. Also, we have a massive "home field" advantage; MW is a unique surface that requires familiarity to really go fast on, which most of us have plenty of.

Lastly, we get to represent our region in front of the National staff. TX Region has a reputation for producing National Champs and tough competitors at every level, so we want to show how "deep" our bench is when folks come to play in our backyard. Remember, you only need two great runs to win at a Pro. Even if your Saturday times aren't your best, you get another shot at the same course on Sunday morning, where you can come from behind and win on a single great run.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I will go if they have funnel cakes.
    M3 is always the answer.

At the current entry numbers, there's a chance the event could be cancelled by the National Office. This could put the final nail into the coffin of the ProSolo series ever coming to the Texas area!!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Signed up in RT2 in the daily as the e46 M3 is still in the shop.

Now where is my cake?
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Now where is my cake?
    Bend over and I'll show ya.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Bend over and I'll show ya.
    No room with my head up there.
    M3 is always the answer.

So the FS car? or DS?

And also...is there a schedule for Friday yet? I couldn't find one at texasscca.org/solo...
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Holy shit the entries are low. I did notice that some two driver cars are missing their counterpart. But not the 50 or so we need.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

I'm signing up Thursday. Hope it doesn't get cancelled. What's the minimum number? We had about 150 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    So the FS car? or DS?

And also...is there a schedule for Friday yet? I couldn't find one at texasscca.org/solo...
    e92 M3 is in FS this year dropped from AS last year. Now can I fit 305 RS3s on a 10" rim?
    M3 is always the answer.

I have absolutely no idea what class I would fit in. I take it this isn't a good event to make my first?

Unfortunately I'm out this year. Other commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzurp View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what class I would fit in. I take it this isn't a good event to make my first?
    I think you can still come out. It has its own rules and procedures but it is nothing you can't figure out by watching others.

The El Toro pro has 222 entrants this weekend and we have less than half that
    Last edited by BMcCann; 04-01-2013 at 11:18 AM.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

I might spectate so I have some idea as to what is going on, never done anything autox related but I intend to soon.

I'm in if ken o can fit 335's on that FS beast and let me drive it.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Wish I could make it this year, but too much going on at home and work to justify taking the whole weekend to go play in Mineral Wells. Y'all have fun.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I'm in if ken o can fit 335's on that FS beast and let me drive it.
    Will a 10" wheel fit 305s?

Please ship 275/x/19 and 305/x/19 RS3 to my house and you can drive it.

If the new "Street" rules were approved I could move to 18" and have a better choice of sizes.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzurp View Post
    I might spectate so I have some idea as to what is going on, never done anything autox related but I intend to soon.
    wizzurp, come on out and enjoy the party! There are numerous resources available to novices including instructed runs the Friday before the event. The easiest way to jump in; is with both feet :)
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast