Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #3, 05/05/13, *** Mesquite Memorial Stadium ***

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    We will have a red flag course worker who's sole job is to make sure cars don't go back the wrong way.
    Alright my very own Flag Person to help me navigate ... my reputation precedes me ... just please don't make it the Germany Lady from the Porchse club.

We can run this course in a safe and effective manner. We will adjust as necessary to address all safety concerns. Please be aware that any course maps posted by any club are only a general idea of how the course will be set up.

Thanks,
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

It looks like a REALLY fun course. To me, I think running it in reverse might be a smarter and safer decision but in doing so it would require a large rewrite of the first and last 5 seconds. However, if the fearless leaders have a plan for success, then I'm behind it.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BatoLoco13 View Post
    Alright my very own Flag Person to help me navigate ... my reputation precedes me ... just please don't make it the Germany Lady from the Porchse club.
    I'd be more than happy to ride along with you and help out.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Brad, one of my goals was to avoid finishing near the grandstands, as that has presented a few problems for other clubs. As Andy said, the map is approximate. You guys all know that. ER has a terrific safety record, and that will not be compromised. As always, we welcome input on safety after you've walked the actual course.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    It looks like a REALLY fun course. To me, I think running it in reverse might be a smarter and safer decision but in doing so it would require a large rewrite of the first and last 5 seconds. However, if the fearless leaders have a plan for success, then I'm behind it.
    Running it in reverse and softing up the tight sections, and tighten up the wide open parts then it would be a good course.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Brad, one of my goals was to avoid finishing near the grandstands, as that has presented a few problems for other clubs. As Andy said, the map is approximate. You guys all know that. ER has a terrific safety record, and that will not be compromised. As always, we welcome input on safety after you've walked the actual course.
    Totally understand that first point. Personally, I think loops can be really fun when done right. Thanks for your work designing a course!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    I'd be more than happy to ride along with you and help out.
    I appreciate the offer but I've had Autocross Royalty in my car before. I find it very hard to concentrate while trying to resist the overwhelming urge to do the Wayne's World "I'm not Worth" salute.

I have run 2 other events since my run in with the Germany Lady. I'm happy to report I have not gotten lost at either event. I'm not sure if it's the "What are you Doing?" screams still vibrating in my head or having been taught to "Look FORWARD" that have resolved my getting lost issues. I'm sure it's probably a little of both.

Sigrid will be at the BMW event at Mineral Wells on Saturday in case you want to hook up with her again.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Sigrid will be at the BMW event at Mineral Wells on Saturday in case you want to hook up with her again.
    No thanks ... I choose Life!

I've told you before. Don't F*** with Sigrid. You will learn the meaning of the Iron Maiden if you do. I like the course. Good job Mikey.

The event is still at Dallas Raceway as planned. No need to change sites.
    Andy Cost

Last edited by OZMDD; 05-01-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    Polished Turd Racing

30 seconds FTW! We should call the course Sex with OZMDD.

New course design.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Polished Turd Racing

I appreciate the feedback on the course design from you guys. We made a couple of tweaks. Mike cried again.
    Andy Cost

I liked the other course. This one looks like every other course at DRW. But I will still like driving it because it is the best course I can find on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    I liked the other course. This one looks like every other course at DRW. But I will still like driving it because it is the best course I can find on Sunday.
    Exactly. And it could be DR's swansong...
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Thanks guys. I like this one much better. It fixed all of my issues with the first one.

Just a quick note: Classes that are already required to be on street tires are not eligible to run in Tire class. These are STS, STR, STX, etc... You can run any other class in Tire class at ER events.
    Andy Cost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast