Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SCCA National Solo events in Texas!

Default SCCA National Solo events in Texas!

Everything's BIGGER in Texas, and there are three National-level Solo events scheduled in our great state in 2013! Make plans to attend any or ALL of the following, and come see Texas Hospitality DONE RIGHT!

Y'all come!

THE first Championship Tour: College Station, March 23-24 http://www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=5453

ProSolo: Mineral Wells, April 13-14 http://www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=5464

Match Tour: Mineral Wells, June 15-16 http://www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=5475

I plan to be at all three.

Match Tour??

So the Match tour is basically a ProSolo without the drag starts and just one course for the whole weekend. Right?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    So the Match tour is basically a ProSolo without the drag starts and just one course for the whole weekend. Right?
    The Match Tour is a developing picture for 2013. Several procedures have been changed from how the 1st event was done in Blytheville last year.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    The Match Tour is a developing picture for 2013. Several procedures have been changed from how the 1st event was done in Blytheville last year.
    Can we get a Readers Digest version of how the event may go?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Can we get a Readers Digest version of how the event may go?
    Whitener will win.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Whitener will win.
    That applies to all the National Events in Texas I'd bet.

But before the Whitner's win it what happens at a Match Game Tour?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    That applies to all the National Events in Texas I'd bet.

But before the Whitner's win it what happens at a Match Game Tour?
    From what I understand, there's a fair amount of $$ prizes involved. The Sunday portion is called "The EVO Shootout".

This is how the event runs (from the SCCA National website):

Match Tours are the latest addition to the Tire Rack SCCA National Solo Series. These events are three events in one package. The event starts off with a Saturday four run Autocross, then a two run Last Chance Qualifier on Sunday morning, followed by the final show down coming together in Evolution Super Shootout. The Shootout format allows the forty-eight fastest drivers to mix with the top four ladies, as well as twelve random drawn drivers in a four ladder tournament to see who can take home the big prize.

The top 32 qualifiers and Top 8 ladies are determined from the events overall PAX results, and are then locked into their positions for the Sunday Super Shootout. Once those drivers are locked in to the Shootout, the rest of the competitors get a second chance in the Last Chance Qualifier. Following the LCQ the top 16 are brought into the Super Shootout bringing the total number to 56. The remaining 8 Super Shootout positions will be from a random drawing of any that have not made the top 56 spots, bringing the total to 64. With the field complete, the 64 competitors are plugged into a bracket system and run against one another until only one remains.

Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

So, you still get six runs (like a normal Nat Tour), but they are all on the same course. You losing nothing there. However, you have a chance for more runs in the shootout if you are fast enough.

Driver

I will have my car str prepped by these... So I'm very much looking forward to it....I love being the under dog

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    So, you still get six runs (like a normal Nat Tour), but they are all on the same course. You losing nothing there. However, you have a chance for more runs in the shootout if you are fast enough.
    Well this is partially true. But your actual class standings are determined in 4 runs on one day of competition. Everything after is quite gimmicky. Fun, but it's a gimmick. So those that are used to, or focused on earning either National Level trophies and contingencies, AND are used to having two days to do it. Will find this obviously different.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

JFo, am I correct in thinking that you could actually opt to only attend the Saturday portion for class competition, then bail on the gimmick stuff? If so, that would make some of the far-away location events feasible for those of us who want to compete but not miss work the following Monday.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    JFo, am I correct in thinking that you could actually opt to only attend the Saturday portion for class competition, then bail on the gimmick stuff? If so, that would make some of the far-away location events feasible for those of us who want to compete but not miss work the following Monday.
    When I went to the event in Bville I think they DQed someone who left and didn't say anything. But there is a whole new rulebook for this year. Take a look and see if there is anything in there. If there isn't I know who to contact for an answer.

Also if you are in the top 32 after day one you do not get to make any runs the next morning but you have to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    When I went to the event in Bville I think they DQed someone who left and didn't say anything. But there is a whole new rulebook for this year. Take a look and see if there is anything in there. If there isn't I know who to contact for an answer.

Also if you are in the top 32 after day one you do not get to make any runs the next morning but you have to work.
    To add to the issues, if you make the challenge and are a two driver car, you are automatically pitted against your codriver(assuming they make it)in the first round unlike single drivers who are setup in a typical bracket format(fastest vs slowest and so forth).

turbo

I think we'll be seeing some more info coming out soon from the folks in charge. I'm not sure what TurboToddie is talking about. If you look at the Challenge structure in the rules is pretty straight forward how the Challenge is worked out. And there's nothing in there about running against your co-driver automatically??

Hey, we're trying something new... Give it a chance before you write it off!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

And there's nothing in there about running against your co-driver automatically??
    Check out 9.l
    Two driver teams with both drivers qualifying for the same Bracket will be matched up in the first round.

Hey, we're trying something new... Give it a chance before you write it off!
    Indeed.

I'd say the National office needs to make a publicity push on this one and get some clarification out there before the rumor mill runs amok. There is a a fair bit of confusion, myself included.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

For those of you that plan on staying in Mineral Wells for either the ProSolo (April 11, 12, 13) or the Match Tour (June 12, 13, 14) weekends, here's a list of Hotels & negotiated rates we've setup:

**Note: The same weekend as the ProSolo there's a "Spring Fest" in Mineral Wells. Also, this list was just posted on National forums & Facebook. Rooms are going fast from what the Best Western Manager just called & told me.

Best Western Club House Inn & Suites
    4410 Hwy 180 E, MineralWells, TX
    (940) 325-2270 ()
    $59/night. *Ask for SCCA Rate

Comfort Suites
    105 Karl Kessler Blvd,Mineral Wells, TX
    (940) 327-0077 ()
    $82.99/night **Ask for SCCA Rate

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mineral Wells
    6801 Hwy 180 E, MineralWells, TX
    (940) 325-7829 ()

Days Inn and Suites Mineral Wells