Thread: Hankook RS3's 245/40-17 set of 4, excellent shape!

Default Hankook RS3's 245/40-17 set of 4, excellent shape!

I am moving away from the Hankooks this season, so I'm clearing out the last sets I have. This set is somewhere around 60% remaining tread, very much in their prime as either race or street tires.

Set of 4 245/40-17 Hankook RS-3's

Will post tread depths and photos tonight. This set was primarily used as street tires and a few autocrosses last season, then bagged stored indoors over the fall/winter. I just took them out and mounted them for the ProSolo this past week. I'm getting another set of Rivals soon and will no longer be running these.

Tires are well above wear bars, have even wear across the tread face, no camber wear, plenty of depth left in the grooves, shoulders in good condition, no patches/plugs, rotated front to rear regularly when mounted.

$200 for the set. Willing to meet/deliver in the North Dallas/Richardson/Plano area, and can mount/balance these for you at Jack Junkies for $25.

I have another listing for a much more worn set of 255 RS3's on the forum too, if somebody wants a killer package deal.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I'm interested. I'm running novice this season, though, and not ready to jump to stickier tires before I learn how to control the car on stock tires a little better. Any thoughts on shelf life if I put these in storage until next spring?

If you bag them and keep them indoors (garage or closet) they should be able to store for a good while. They are not R-comps and don't degrade rapidly. I've gotten brand-new UHP tires from TR that were produced a year or two prior.

FYI - these are actually a great tire for a novice, as they will still tell you when you are doing something wrong. You will see dozens of cars on RS3's at any given event, and many/most DD them all year.
    Polished Turd Racing

Thanks for the info. I'm driving a WRX and double-checked on the overall diameter difference between my stock tires and the RS-3s--it looks like the 245/40/17 might be a bit on the small side to DD. The 255/40/17 set you have is (in theory) a much closer match--do you think there's enough tread left to DD those for the season (plus racing)? If so, I might throw those on now, and bag/store the 245s for next year. I don't know if the RS-3s run larger/smaller than normal for their size either, though I've read they might be big. Obviously I know very little about wheel fitment, so feel free to set me straight

Sorry for all the newbie questions. By the way, p4r4d0x told me to tell you he sent me. I find that he's behind most of my impulsive spending these days.

Oh yeah, in case it wasn't clear above, I'll take them

The 245 would be fine. It's practically the same diameter just 10mm narrower than the 255.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    The 245 would be fine. It's practically the same diameter just 10mm narrower than the 255.
    See, this is the kind of setting straight I need. It definitely seems like that should be the case, I just honestly don't have enough experience with tires to know how much difference is tolerable. From what I've read, the OD is close enough that I shouldn't worry.

No worries, we all learn sometime. It wasn't all that long ago when I had the same questions. The 245 is 10 mm narrower and 0.3 in shorter, so negligible difference.

The 255's would be pretty sketchy for DD, simply because they have almost no wet grip in their current state, so panic braking might induce even more panic! For dry, they are pretty badass! I had the fastest raw time of the day and the 2nd fastest clean time of the last BMW autox on them.

If you want the whole bunch, I'll give you a break on them. For DD, the 245' are the best call. Tell Allen I said hey!

You can email me at mike Mc Shane at hot mail dot com (no spaces) to figure out details.
    Polished Turd Racing

sold
    Polished Turd Racing