Thread: Got a new horn

Default Got a new horn

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I just got a new louder horn for the Miata (99)
    Does anyone know where the damned horn is located?
    I am trying to honk the darn thing and find it but either its an odd shape (something I dont recognise) or its hidden under something.
    Thanks
    99 Miata Black

Katt got home a minute ago and I had her hit the horn a couple of times, so I found it.
    In front of the radiator...hhmm
    new horn is louder and doesn't have that itsi bitsi car sound...lol
    99 Miata Black

Nice - which one did you get?

Louder horns are a MUST have on these cars
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Yea thats pretty big on the list for me, my horn would do nothing but ensure much laughter from the offending SUV...
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I got the cheapo FIAMM Freeway blaster...its not much louder really but has a better note to it.

I am thinking about visiting a junkyard and pulling one off a Caddy or a bigger car.
    99 Miata Black

I've been thinking of installing this one.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I got the cheapo FIAMM Freeway blaster...its not much louder really but has a better note to it.

I am thinking about visiting a junkyard and pulling one off a Caddy or a bigger car.
    You can get the FIAMM high note & the low note & its almost as loud as the HELLA's, or so ive heard...

Thats what im doing.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    You can get the FIAMM high note & the low note
    I've got Harbor Freight's version of that. On sale for $10 for both horns. Works great!

A friend of mine puts Caddy horns on every car he has and they sound great! 4 separate horns though!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

hhmm I didnt know there were 4 horns I do remember them sounding awesome, I guess I will have to do some splicin and dicin.

I need to get a freakin manual for the 99, just a simple shop manual for now so I can identify where everything is on the engine at least.

All I find in places like Auto Zone, Oreiley's, Pep Boys,..are the Hayes ones for the NA.
    99 Miata Black

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

so I can identify where everything is on the engine
    This should work -

http://www.mazdaformance.com/miataparts.htm

Kewl , I think I have that one the print was too small to read, I think I may be becoming Presbiopic early,..dangit.
    My wife is the resident computer Guru, maybe she can get the pages in a larger type point.

I would eventually like to get the factory service manual (is that what its called) but I know thats going to be as high as a cats back

I guess the spending never stops though.

I appreciate the link.
    99 Miata Black