Thread: WTB Plexiglass sheet

Default WTB Plexiglass sheet

Anyone have some plexiglass lying around that they'd like to get rid of? Yes, I know Lexan is better, but it's for the rear hatch on a LeChump CRX, so cost is the most important factor here.

No? Any sources besides Home Depot?

Why not just remove the glass and not put something back in?

I just made a lexan rear hatch for my car. It's a pretty tough job so I wouldn't scrimp a few bucks, just pay the extra and get lexan the first time. As far as cost goes I think it's going to be tough to beat HomeDepot/Lowes as they both sell a large sheet that is perfect for the CRX. Even if you could get it online cheaper shipping cost would be pretty prohibitive.

To install it if you can trace over the removed rear glass it makes it much easier. Unfortunately removing the rear glass is a PITA, I did it on mine but it took hours. If you want you can head over to my shop to trace my old glass and then bust out yours. You also really need clecos to install. If you don't have any I have a set you can borrow.

And as a final food for thought... Why not spend $100 on getting the car to handle better rather versus 20lbs of weight loss?

Edit found pics from Hallet:

Thanks for the input. However, we have removed the entire hatch, so now the back acts like a wind catch. I'd like to put something in its place to reduce the El Camino effect. Plus, I'd like to try and heat up a bit and extend it for extra downforce, ala the 1967 Fiat Abarth.

IMG_20130710_220639_306.jpg