Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guns and Hoses Benefit autocross August 4th

Default Guns and Hoses Benefit autocross August 4th

Equipe Rapide is a 501c4 charity. We donate a significant amount of our proceeds to good causes in the local area. Last year and this year we have teamed up with Guns and Hoses Foundation of North Texas. They prodvide assistance to the families of firemen and policemen who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. This year we will have a similar event as last year. A four man team of policemen coached by Phil Osborne will be competing against a four man team of firemen coached by Damon Bottorff. This year Young Cheverolet has been kind enough to provide cars for the teams to use. Todd Eaddy at Discount Tire will be providing the trophies for the teams. We will be offering cone forgiveness again. You can buy back downed cones for $5 each with the understanding that your Rapide Pax or tire payout winnings will be donated to Guns and Hoses. Last year 100% of the PAX and Tire money was donated by our gracious participants. If you want to support Guns and Hoses but are unable to attend then please visit our website at www.autocross.com/er and hit the donate button for paypal.

Thanks,

Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Did this last year. Good cause & lots of fun.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Hey guys,

This event is coming up in a couple of weeks and we need to have an exceptional turnout so that we can have an exceptional donation for Guns and Hoses. If you can't make it then please drop a few bucks in the donation box on our website. The course will be designed by Mark Wortham. I hope to see you all there.

Thanks,
    Andy Cost

A Mark Wortham designed course?!? Wow, I can't believe ER isn't charging double. Mark must be offering his services for free With such a worthy cause, all area AutoXers should be there.
    "If it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make cents"
    Neon Deion Sanders

C'mon AX'ers, sign up for this event! It benefits a great cause and it is a Mark Wortham course. Sign up now and bring your friends!
    Neon Deion Sanders

This is a reminder to bring lots of $5 bills for cone buy back. Last night at the board meeting we decided that you don't have to donate your pax winnings however it is encouraged.
    Andy Cost

Is the track map ready yet? Need to see which cones will have to die and bring the right amount of $.

You aren't 007 with a license to kill (cones). Shenanigans will be scored a DNF so do your best to avoid cones.
    Andy Cost

IN! Like a phoenix rising form the ashes, the team STD car is back with a vengeance! I'm ready to dominate SMF.

Well, only if no one else registers for that class...

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    IN! Like a phoenix rising form the ashes, the team STD car is back with a vengeance! I'm ready to dominate SMF.

Well, only if no one else registers for that class...
    Neon Deion Sanders

Online registration closes at midnight tonight. We have capped entries at 150 for this event so you might want to register ASAP.
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    Online registration closes at midnight tonight. We have capped entries at 150 for this event so you might want to register ASAP.
    I barely made it in.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    But for those of you who miss that deadline, you CAN register on site.
    Neon Deion Sanders

Not going to be able to make this one.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

That's OK, you PayPal a donation, no problem!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Online registration is now closed but you can still register on site Sunday morning at 8.
    Andy Cost

Wonderful event today! Someone said that this was Mark Wortham's first course...could have fooled me! I really enjoyed that stretch along the side-street. Awesome job Robert nipping me at the end, insane run you put together.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Thanks Brad. It was my first course, but I have driven quite a few of them. I did also get a lot of help and input from Piper, McShane, and JJ. That certainly helped it to suck a lot less than if I had done it all on my own.

I'd love feedback on the course. Anything you liked, or didn't like in particular? I thought the back section was fun too. I felt like the slalom into the finish was a bit too tight, and the turn before it was a bit too slow personally.

Thanks to everyone who came out!
    Mark Wortham
    SS #197 - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Good job, Mark! I liked the creative use of visuals along the back stretch, though they might have verged on "sea of cones" for some newbies. Good to have fresh ideas and looks. Agree about the finish, but it wasn't too painful. If the final slalom had entered on the left instead of right, think it would have solved the pinch. Still, a fun, challenging day!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

+1, Great course (not a fan of the surface), and a great event. A little hot, but still worth it.

Overall I thought the course was good, my least favorite part was the tight-ish 180 before the final slalom. Maybe it was the gravel, but I just couldn't make it through that part and feel like I was fast. I was a big fan of the offset right after the lane change.
    Now Miata-less. '05 STR S2000.
    Texas A&M Grassroots and Formula SAE Driver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast