Thread: Dallas Auto Show

Default Dallas Auto Show

Has anyone gone? Can you verify that the MazdaSpeed6 is really there? Freeman told me it was, but sometimes I wonder if they know what day it is...... Thanks
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

It's Thursday. :P

Regarding the MS6, no idea.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I'll be there sunday, ill let you know then, hehe

Anybody know if the NC Miata will be there?? I cant see any reason why it wouldnt, unless theyre trying the 'curiosity' type marketing.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I went yeterday...

Overall, prett good show! The mazdaspeed 6 is there *but* they've removed the hood release cable, so you can't actually *see* the enine.. what the hell?

No NC.

There is a solstice as well as the saturn Sky.

big show cars? Chrysler ME-12, FordGT, M-B SLR Mclaren, Bronco Concept (sweet!) 3 lambos, ferrari 430 and 612, 3 astin martins, new z06, Chevy has a wole cool area with a working engine dyno thats pretty cool. H3 is there, new M45 infinity. Lexus had their american LeMan car.. Toyota had a cool truck concept, lots of subarus....

That about sums it up? Oh, and the Jeep gladiator was pretty sweet too..

all in all.. the solstice is ugly.. The Sky kicks ass...

when my girl saw the skyy, she said "didn't we just see that?"
    they look too much alike
    got lots of pics and will try to upload them tonight to my cardomain site
    peace

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dyingbreed
    when my girl saw the skyy, she said "didn't we just see that?"
    they look too much alike
    got lots of pics and will try to upload them tonight to my cardomain site
    peace
    Will you go to your profile and add your cardomain site here please. thankyou
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

i am creating aphotobucket album it is quicker than car domain, but it is time for a buirthday party so i will finish this after noon
    take care

The auto show was pretty kewl. The twins look more like a Boxter and a 350Z had a love child.

They wouldn't even let you within 6 feet of the twins either...

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    The auto show was pretty kewl. The twins look more like a Boxter and a 350Z had a love child.

RJ
    Twins? Which twins? These twins?

Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    JAILBAIT!!
    NOT ANYMORE!!!!

Did you miss all the websites that were counting down the days, hours, minutes, and SECONDS until they turned 18?

HAHAHAHAHA

I was looking for a risque pic of them but the only thing I could find offhand was a photochopped Playboy cover & thought that might not be quite tasteful for the board.

Did anyone else see the Speedzone girls? My nephew wanted his picture taken with one of them so he could show it to his classmates I took the picture. After all, that's important for a boy his age!

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac

RJ
    Twins? Which twins? These twins?

I didn't see those twins at the show. I'm sure I would have remembered......
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

I was disappointed that the MazdaSpeed6 hood latch was inoperative, too! They told me that there had been some vandalizim at the New York show so they removed the cable..... I was also hoping for the chissis and engine cutaways to be there. They said "...but we brought the REAL car...." They confirmed that the latest production date is still August....sigh!

Many people had voiced displeasure in the wheels, but I liked them....until seeing them in person! Too busy, and TOO BIG! If I get mine, I will probably drop down to a nicer looking 17" wheel, a bit wider. I took some measurements, and I think it will work, lower the car a bit, and look better. I was also disappointed in the non-functionality of all the grill openings. Half of the huge grill is closed, as is ALL of the "brake cooling" grills...... The extra bulge in the hood does not detract from the lines, and the rear spoiler is much nicer than the current wing.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    I was also disappointed in the non-functionality of all the grill openings. Half of the huge grill is closed, as is ALL of the "brake cooling" grills......
    Funny you should mention that. At the NC rollout on Sunday, someone pointed out that the entire top half of the front grill opening is fake - the honeycomb is blocked off.

Perhaps upgrading the NC's cooling system for FI will be as simple as buying a new grill...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Or if you are a member of TCB you'll just open the other holes with your Dremel

It wont work! There is a cross support just behind that portion of the grill, at least on the Miata. I didn't look that close on the MS6.