Thread: 1995 streetable track Miata for sale

Default 1995 streetable track Miata for sale

Red 1995 Mazda Miata Hardtop with 83K miles for sale $6500. Fully streetable, licensed and inspected. Ran mostly in PCA Time Trial and DE events. Contact me by email directly at:
    ex pv dallas guy at hotmail . com (remove all spaces, change “at” to “@”).
    Selling this car simply because I’m too old to work on it, and don’t feel safe driving it anymore with big trucks. Pic here: http://www.dfwmiata.com/album.php?al...achmentid=6357
    Car details below:

BODY AND SUSPENSION
    • 4 point Hard Dog “Sport” roll bar with single diagonal; cross-brace for harness
    • RCI “8000” race-seats with 5-pt access holes for both driver and passenger
    • 5-point cam-lock style harness for both driver & passenger
    • Momo “Tornado” steering wheel
    • Wink 4 panel mirror
    • Sway bars are Racing Beat 1 1/8” tubular front and 5/8” solid adjustable rear
    Two sets wheels 15” X 6.5” lightweight Rota “Circuit 8”, both with 205VR50-15 used Kumho XS
    • Goodwin Racing Big Brake kit with 11” vented front rotors with Wilwood Dynalite 4-piston calipers; 10.75” solid rotors on rear with stock calipers. Hawk HP+ pads front, Hawk HP+ pads rear. New set of front HP+ pads included. Several ½ used sets included.
    • Shocks are Koni Yellow “Sport” adjustable
    • Adjustable coil-over conversion from Ground-Control with 500lb/in front and 325lb/in rear springs. Several other spring sets included.
    • Extended front and rear shock mounts from FM
    • Butterfly Chassis brace from FM—using rails only, center section off car but included.
    • Hard-top installed; factory soft top in excellent condition included.
    • Has factory front chin spoiler with ducting to front brakes. Copy of factory rear spoiler also.
    • Car weighs 2360lbs

ENGINE AND DRIVETRAIN
    Engine shortblock is rebuilt 1995 Miata done 3K miles ago. Machine work and assembly by Day Custom Engine in Richardson.
    • 1999 Cylinder head with porting job by John Day at Day Custom Engine; factory 99 intake using 95 injectors, butterflies controlled by MSD 8969 Digital window switch
    • 10:1 factory pistons from 2001 Miata
    • Megasquirt PNP MM9495 Standalone ECU ; MAF removed converted to Speed-Density; setup for idle/crusing closed loop with wide-band O2 sensor. Custom tuned on Mustang chassis dyno (reads lower than Dynojet) by PRT Performance (Steve Kahn Tuning) in Lewisville. Corrected rear-wheel results were peak of 136hp/127lbft. Peak torque at 4300, 125lbft from 3850rpm to 121lbft@5200rpm.
    • AEM UEGO Controller Wide Band sensor and Gauge; interfaces with Megasquirt
    • Racing Beat 4to1 Stainless Steel Ceramic coated header
    • Fizanda lightweight flywheel with ACT XT clutch.
    • EnthuzaCar 2.5” Stainless Steel cat-back exhaust system with Magnaflow muffler single outle; tBorla muffler included, full SS 2.25” cat-back from Thermal Research also included.
    • FM high-flow Cat; stock Cat included
    • FM “racing” high capacity all aluminum radiator; stock radiator included
    • MazdaSpeed short shift transmission shifter; stock shifter included.
    • Torsen diff rear from 2001 Miata with 4.30 gears

MISC INCLUDED
    • Car cover
    • Mazda Shop Manual and Enthusiasts Shop Manual
    • 1995 Miata factory ECU
    • Bipes ACU 1.5
    • Stock seats and seat belts; stock steering wheel
    • Stock belly pan, all stock suspension parts and exhaust.
    • Stock brake parts, all A/C parts, power steering parts (working when removed)
    • Complete spare 5spd transmission; should be good (got with engine)
    • Misc 99 engine parts, cambox cover, injector rails, etc
    • Factory steel 14” wheels with tires.
    • Extra used 205/50-15 tires: full set of RA1, 5 Azenis,
    • Basically all my Miata stuff.
    Last edited by Maniac Mitch; 11-05-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Sorry to see you selling, Mitch. Are you going to replace it with something else?

Hey Jarret,
    Already have. Since I retired real recently, it is my retirement present...to myself.

Hope to have it at the TT event on 11/16. Look for the "Red Barge" if you go.

Geezer Mitch, formerly Maniac Mitch.
    Last edited by Maniac Mitch; 11-02-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Here you go Mitch

Or not
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post

Thanks Guys. I put the link in the original email listing 3/4 of my garage. The color is off, it is the standard factory Miata red. Anyone with questions email me at ex pv dallas guy @ hotmail . com (without the spaces) and I'll answer or maybe send some more pics or data sheets. If I can figure out how, I have a scanner that can create a pdf so I can sent the dyno run and the invoice from Day Custom Engines.

My listing as a street-able track car may be misleading. Nothing keeps this car off the street except maybe the lightweight shell seats being uncomfortable for long drives. Put the stock seats back in and it would be fine. It does require premium gas due to the compression. With the race seats in, it would make a great "Cars and Coffee" or similar car gathering event attendee. How I setup the JR CAI system should make an interesting look under hood.

I'm excited about my new toy, but I feel like such a bad traitor every time I look at my faithful Miata. It's getting painful. Price is negotiable.

Geezer Mitch

GLWTS, Mitch. Can't wait to see the new ride.

Dropped the price down to what I really want...$6500. With all the parts, it is a screaming deal. I just need out of the Miata business.

Greezer Mitch

PM'd you. Wonder if I can come take a look this weekend. I'm in Granbury, you're just up 51 from me.

There is some concern about the engine in my car using oil when driven hard at a TT event. The engine runs really strong, but it does use ½ qt or maybe more. I just make sure to check it between morning and afternoon sessions. I looked for why but never have come up with a definitive answer. It does NOT foul any plugs out, pulled and replaced them several times. There is no more leakage than I am used to. No one asked to observe the car has reported blue smoke. I don’t know where it’s going. I replaced the PCV value, even ran a while with valve cover venting to atmosphere…no difference. A compression test showed all cylinders within 5% and higher than before indicating the 10:1 compression. I don’t think Day Custom Engine will help me with it as it’s been 2.5 years and 2K miles. I suspect the reason is the Total Seal ring set they talked me into. I am guessing maybe the cylinder walls were not prepped for that ring set. I am not up to pulling another engine out of the car. I bought a NEW car to keep from having to work on it . If one feels the need to refresh the engine (stock rings, bearings) with proper cylinder wall deglazing, then I am assuming the oil usage will be normal. In all fairness, I will take $4500 for the car and ALL THE GOODIES listed, to enable someone $2000 to do the refresh.
    Mitch

My Miata found a new good home this morning. If you are interested in any of the parts see Hornetball.

Hope to see some of you at the TT event Saturday 11/16. I've already registered if anyone has to know what the red luxo barge is. Now I'm low on the learning curve for that car...the one with a warranty!!! Come out and watch me spin with the nanny turned off.

Mitch