Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: STS suspension

Mmmmmm...
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Here's some good info regarding spring rates, etc...

http://deltavee.net/2013/10/wheel-ra...and-frequency/

I just got these but have not had time to delve in yet.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I just got these but have not had time to delve in yet.
    Hurry up and let me know how they end!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    ^Wags told me AST had some budget friendly, non-adjustables in the works.

PS
    You say luddite, I say non-sheep.
    Those are twin tubes. I think I'd rather get revalved Bilsteins in that price range.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
    FWIW, Stewart did much of the valving development in the US versions of the ASTs and the AST 4150, all the development of the XIDA, was the go-to guy for the Grand-Am teams and is who I asked to develop the valving of the aluminum Bilsteins Vorshlag will be selling.
    To say that he did all of the development of the xida is doing a discredit to Brian and 949Racing. Brian, Stuart and Erich did the valving for AST's, 4150's and Grand-Am teams.

PS
    You say luddite, I say non-sheep.
    Hey Sammm,

AST isn't involved in this project, but this looks like it will be a nice setup.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    To say that he did all of the development of the xida is doing a discredit to Brian and 949Racing. Brian, Stuart and Erich did the valving for AST's, 4150's and Grand-Am teams.
    Kinda like the guy hoisting the sails on the Mayflower discovered America.
    M3 is always the answer.

The real shop to take advantage of is MaxcySpeed. This is Stewart Maxcy's new shop. FWIW, Stewart did much .., all the development of the XIDA
    Mr Maxcy had zero to do with Xida development, regardless of what someone may have told you. It was myself, Brian Hanchey and no one else.

I think he spells his name "Stuart".

AST is not involved with our tecna coilovers. HVT, Hanchey Vehicle Technologies (owner of AST-USA) is our partner for that project.

Can someone explain what the XIDA Club Sports are? Are they an AST package/build only sold by 949?
    Xidas are an AST product, exclusively sold by 949 Racing as a SuperMiata branded coilover.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Those are twin tubes. I think I'd rather get revalved Bilsteins in that price range.
    We wouldn't want you to buy tecna's for national level STS either . Not what they are designed for. They are designed to offer the best possible ride quality for modestly lowered street Miatas at a very modest price. They are being track tested but that's more for durability and basic handling balance. The tecna coilovers are not race shocks.

The fastest STS Miata at Lincoln (Solo nationals) this year was on OTS Xidas.

Revalved Bilsteins will cost you $750 at minimum, more like $900-1200 if you start with new cores. That's without springs or mounts. Add those in and you're at the price of single spring Xidas with mounts. Just sayin'.

Bam! That just happened. Emilio shows up and smacks the local crowd around. Its cool that we rate some interest. Please keep us updated on the tecna release dates!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by 949Racing View Post
    Mr Maxcy had zero to do with Xida development, regardless of what someone may have told you. It was myself, Brian Hanchey and no one else...
    I've heard the same story from Hanchey, Fair and Maxcey and the first prototypes of the AST Miata shock that the valving was finished on are still in Dallas. Give credit where it's due.

Next you'll take credit for Keisler's spindles.

I've heard the same story from Hanchey, Fair and Maxcey and the first prototypes of the AST Miata shock that the valving was finished on are still in Dallas. Give credit where it's due.
    I did.

The original and only set of AST 5200 dampers (doubles) with current production valving and internal parts is on the shelf here. The original handmade set of 5100's in Xida single adjustable production configuration is on John Wings car (our engineer), also here. You may have seen older AST dampers with the older style foot valve and non Xida body/shaft dimensions with the same piston. The final valving would not actually fit in the original 5100 body with the rear stroke and travel of a Xida. The discussion is kind of funny actually. You're hearing your side from Stuart. I know who I actually spoke to and exchanged countless emails with about the valving, dimensions. Not once did I speak to or exchange information with Stuart regarding Xida development I did all of the track and fitment testing here. Just checked my emails from that period. Only CC'd on a few QC issues and order processing, nothing regarding specs.

The flat statement that "all of the development of the Xidas" was done by Maxcy is simply false. He had zero input into the dimensions, valving spec or any other key design feature of the Xida. My understanding is he did, in fact, rebuild a few sets of production Xidas after actual development had been done. The only reason that I posted in this thread was to refute this erroneous claim. As the guy chiefly responsible for the Xidas, having spent 18 months developing them in near secrecy with Brian, your claim is laughable.

I think he spells his name "Maxcy"

P.S. Keisler consulted with several Miata tuners when developing their spindles, us among them. Unknown if any input we offered affected the design.

Damn, maybe if I sent more emails instead of having face to face meetings I'd remember how to spell his name.

I have no doubt you sent emails to Brian. He's the hub. He communicates with his customers (you), his suppliers (AST-Holland), and his staff (Stuart). Without him AST wouldn't have done many things.

And when you extract what I wrote from the context in which I wrote it, it does become false. But I wrote it in the context that Stuart did the valving development. Which is what I was told by Brian when Stuart worked for AST, by Terry and much later by Stuart. Good attempt to trivialize him though by noting that he may have rebuilt a few sets.

Wow, 1,338 views.
    So sammm, did this help you decide on a set of shocks?
    M3 is always the answer.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Wow, 1,338 views.
    So sammm, did this help you decide on a set of shocks?
    Xida Club Sport...ordered them today.

Oh man, I want some Xidas so bad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123