Thread: Blytheville ProSolo - March 22-23

Default Blytheville ProSolo - March 22-23

I'm contemplating a trip up to Blytheville this year. What's the event like? How is the site? Where are the good places to stay?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Hotels in Bville tend to be above average in price and below average in quality compared to their respective national chains. I would recommend paying a few bucks more when you stay there. I would recommend the Hampton or the Holiday Inn. The Holiday Inn is the newest hotel in Bville and for breakfast there they give you get a voucher for the attached Perkins restaurant which is a nice way to start the day. Definitely don't stay at the Fairview Suites. It is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

The city itself is pretty small but really wants to keep SCCA coming back and it really shows. The events there are always well run and they usually schedule a car show/fair/carnival/concert just outside the event site at the same time. If you are the kind of person that brings their family to events this is a good one to go because of that.

The site is pretty big, but it is long and relatively narrow. Tour courses tend to be similar from year to year, and pro solo courses tend to be very transitional. I think the surface is actually an asphalt with small/medium aggregate, in my opinion it is medium grip at/below the limit but low past the limit. Our setup there is closest to our Mineral Wells setup of the local sites. In addition I would highly recommend using new tires there, especially if it is your first time at the site.

I had seen elsewhere that they were thinking of a new design instead of the long and narrow type they always do. Any truth to those rumors?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

The site doesn't lend itself well to anything but long, narrow courses, especially for a pro. Its a runway/ramp, after all. I would be surprised if they broke the mold significantly, as the East Coast people seem to be happy with the events there, but anything is possible.

Another BIG vote for spending the $$ to stay at one of the newer places. The Super 8 was pretty bad. Best to reserve a room now just in case. You can always cancel later. Great little town, but not a ton going on there.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Comfort Inn & Suites was a nice place but expensive like Hampton Inn. Did not care as Mazda money paid for it. I like the ProSolo course they had there. I suggest the practice starts for that sight.

Hampton was rebuit last year from ground up. We like holiday inn at that site.

If you can afford it, go. /endthread
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

When you say take new tires, is that because the site is harsh like mineral wells?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

That surface can be tricky to drive on and to figure out from a setup perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    That surface can be tricky to drive on and to figure out from a setup perspective.
    +1000
    We had a hell of a time figuring it out.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Or drive a slow shit car like an STF car. They drive like slow balls everywhere...ask me how I know
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3