Thread: GT4 strategy & highest completion percentage?

Default GT4 strategy & highest completion percentage?

How do most people attack this game (to get the completion percentage up)?

Get 1st several licenses
    do all beginner events
    Go to the different countries and race the events in there?
    etc....

What order is the best way to move forward? I don't have the strategy guide, and really just did the arcade mode before, but now I'm getting into the "real" game. I have about 23 cars, and my completion % might be like 15%. I just really bounce around from area to area...

Curious how 3-Bean got so far up there.
    Who has the highest completion percentage???
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.

Well, I've been hitting the game just about every night... it works as a good stress relief for me. Currently, I'm at 83+% done. I'm going after the rest of the driving missions (working on Jay Leno's tank car!) and the few rally missions I have left.

My GF wont let me play that much so I am at <20%

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm at 3.8%.

What's GT4?

im at 31%. curious- how do you guys beat some of the driving missions, like some of the 3 lap battles. that craps hard!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I'm at about 10%.

I've worked through most of the Beginner events (I hate those "special" series -- like the "cars under 14hp, and shorter than 6.3 feet, with an R in their name, that can be driven only on Tuesdays" ), and a good portion of the Professional Events. And I've been playing in the Japanese Events, since those are the "hot" cars that I have.

I took Tailchaser's advise and use B-Spec mode to win a ton of cash for buying what I need/want. Get a good car (the car you win in the Japanese Tuner Championships is a pretty good one -- a tricked out 350Z) and take it to the Japanese GT Championships. It's a 10 event "season", and you'll win $15k for each event, and $100k for winning the Championship. Then the car you'll receive can be sold for over $300k!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Check out the german touring car championship. 15-20K for each race 75K for the championship and an 800K+ car for winning. B-specd at around 10-12 minutes.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    I took Tailchaser's advise and use B-Spec mode to win a ton of cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    B-specd at around 10-12 minutes.
    Someone explain to the nooB what B-Spec means/is.

letting the cpu drive. When you are just about to start a race, at the bottom there is a steering wheel, a headset and then a couple of others. Pick the headset. That lets you tell the cpu to drive. You can pick the speed of the driver and whether to pit or not. You can also speed up the action by 3X so the race can be finished faster. You can also pick bspec during pit stops, this is usefull for endurace races like 24hr at Nurburg and Le Mans. Race some, let the cpu race some, come back again etc.