Thread: Na water drain holes

Default Na water drain holes

Hello, i am new here so please correct me if i am posting in the wrong section.

recently my miata has been making this strange "sloshing" sounds when first accelerating and also when coming to a complete stop.
    after some research, i found out that the miata comes equip with several different "drain holes" for when it rains.
    over time though some of these holes become clogged and water can be trapped in the frame and can lead to rust.

my question here is where exactly are these drain holes?
    supposedly there are 4 on driver and passenger side underneath the car outlining the sills. There is also one in the trunk and 2 next to the seat belt reels?

any pictures would be helpful, Ive heard blowing compressed air through these holes should unclog them or simply just getting a wire hanger and going at it.

have any of you guys experience this problem? thanks

When you look at the pinch welds under the rocker panels, there's some slight indentations where the jack is meant to be placed near each wheel. They somewhat line up underneath the door gaps. The drains are actually part of the pinch welds in those areas, and are basically wide spots. They are often crushed, bent, or filled in with gunk. You can try to clear them out, but with so much water that its sloshing, I'd just get a drill bit and open them up a little more.

Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

There are also drain holes inside the cabin, near the front of the soft top.

Look at post #5 in this thread - http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread...ighlight=drain

I use a pick, you should be able to open them up unless its been on a frame machine.