Thread: 2014 TX Region SCCA Info Update

Default 2014 TX Region SCCA Info Update

The 2014 autocross season is about to start!

Information regarding the March Novice School, the Annual Tech program and Annual Registration are posted on the TX Region SCCA Solo webpage.

In an effort to give more seat time & a better student to instructor ratio, we’ve lowered the entry cap for the Novice School to 45 students. We reached the entry cap rather fast last year when we had a 60 student cap. If you or someone you know are interested in attending the school, make sure you don’t wait too long to enter. As in past years, we’ll start a wait list when we hit the entry cap.

Link:
    http://texasscca.org/soloautocross
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Is there a link to register for the school, or should I just email the contact person on the flyer?
    I know it's white, but here comes the hot sauce, 964 C2

TX Region SCCA Solo Annual Tech Day #1:

This Saturday, February 22 will be Annual Tech Day #1. Location is Vorshlag Motorsports in Plano, TX (Thanks Terry, Amy Fair & the Vorshlag crew!) Come on out get your car Annual Tech’d and take a tour of the Vorshlag Motorsports facility. Lots of cool projects going on at Vorshlag right now & they’ve been kind enough to once again host our 1st Tech day of the year!

No rulebook or membership required, only recent participation wi...th SCCA Solo. So how does all this work? Simple - check the list of names (in the PDF link) to see if you’re eligible, download details of the program and the inspection form. Read up on how the program operates and what’s required. Complete the form as you inspect your car (and fix anything you find wrong BEFORE comming). Then, bring the completed inspection form and your car to one of Annual Tech inspection day:
    Saturday, February 22 at:

Vorshlag Motorsports
    6913 K Ave, Suite 307
    Plano, TX 7507
    8AM to 4PM

Although there are several significant changes in the 2014 SCCA Solo Rules, primarily associated with the new Street Classes, there are only a few changes relative to vehicle safety and Tech Inspection. Please take a moment and read thru the information in the link. There are some specific changes that competitors should be aware of. Also, a list of people allowed to participate in the 2014 program is listed in this PDF:

http://texasscca.org/images/document...ch_Program.pdf

If you have any other questions you can contact the Chief of Tech, Bob Neff, at [email protected] or just call his cell phone at 214-218-9483
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

If you're not on the TX Region SCCA Solo email list, here's a link to the latest email blast sent out yesterday. Lots of information related to the startup of the 2014 autocross season in SCCA Solo:

http://twitter.com/TexasSolo/status/435220956357726208
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Hypothetical question: What if a guy shows up in a pre-1972 hot rod thats built on a C4+ chassis?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    Hypothetical question: What if a guy shows up in a pre-1972 hot rod thats built on a C4+ chassis?
    Good question and not 100% how that would fall. My initial thought is that it's based on a excluded car. If the car based as a "C4+", then more than likely it's performance is not close to a '72 hot rod.

These are evolving 1st year supplemental classes & we're trying to make them as open as possible without certain cars coming out & dominating the classes. The idea of excluding the C4, C5, C6 and C7 corvette was that these cars already have enough class options. The CAM & MAM class idea is to give the American Muscle cars a class to enjoy running together. ...even if a Miata is actually beating their times.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

I'd vote with the chassis dictating the classing in a situation like that. The body doesn't have much effect on the performance, at least not when compared to the chassis/drivetrain.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

You can hypothetical these classes until we run out of oil.

Quote Originally Posted by lostlorin View Post
    You can hypothetical these classes until we run out of oil.
    Indeed. Wait until the issue occurs and work it out then.

What kind of oil? If its Jimmys special massage oil, I'd like for the working out to last as long as possible.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mikeys special hand lotion

Hmm, not oil based.
    Polished Turd Racing

Sorry I was uninformed

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    What kind of oil? If its Jimmys special massage oil, I'd like for the working out to last as long as possible.
    As long as it ends "Happily".
    Last edited by ken o; 02-19-2014 at 08:02 PM.
    M3 is always the answer.

Jiffy lube?

Our spring SCCA Novice Autocross School scheduled for Saturday, March 15 is currently full and a waiting list has been started. 4 names are already on the list. In the event that people can not make the school for some unforeseen reason, slots will be filled on a 1st request basis from the wait list. If you would like to add your name to the waiting list, please send an email to Tim Bergin: [email protected]
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Thanks to all who organized and instructed at the school yesterday. It was a great way to start the season.
    '09 Marble White