Thread: Cancelled my MazdaSpeed6 order today......

Default Cancelled my MazdaSpeed6 order today......

After all the production delays, and finally getting to see the prototype, I decided it made no sense to spend that kind of money(although I was buying it for invoice+$500), trading a perfectly good '03 Mazda6s for a paultry sum, having to buy premium gas, and having a car payment. Besides, I NEED to get my Spec Miata built, and it's way more fun than anything I could drive on the street. Until then, I'll just be content to putter around in Sunny or Dimples.....sigh!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Bummer. But a completely understandable (and sane) decision.

S.

Sorry to hear that, Merv. Although I will admit that when you first mentioned buying a large, heavy, Haldex-style AWD car, visions of Audi TTs were dancing through my head.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Sorry to hear it Merv,

But if you need any help building a SPEC racer let me know!

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Sorry to hear that, Merv. Although I will admit that when you first mentioned buying a large, heavy, Haldex-style AWD car, visions of Audi TTs were dancing through my head.
    Yeah, you'd think I would learn........... Actually, I loved that part of the TT. What I didn't like was the lack of brakes and the lose of power when it got warm (heat soak). Although not as fast, the MS Protege was much more fun.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'