Thread: Monster Jam 2/22

Default Monster Jam 2/22

I'm taking my son to the Pit Party on Saturday afternoon before the Monster Jam event. We have to buy tickets to the actual event in order to use the pit passes, but have no intention of going to the loud part. If anyone is interested in a pair of tickets, I'll take $20 for them. You'll have to meet me at the stadium in the afternoon or swing by my house to get them after we return, but you'll get to attend the show at 7 pm on the cheap.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Driver

I did this last year. You can't get in with just the pit passes. They scan the tickets and take the PP at the door.

I know, but you can get back in at 7 with the tickets, after I'm done with them.
    Polished Turd Racing

I'm out, but I do this every year with my Grandson. If you've never seen a Monster Jam (the "loud" part), it's one of those "only in the USA" things you need to do at least once in your life. These are 20,000# vehicles with 5,000HP literally flying through the air. The "FreeStyle" at the end means every contestant actually drives the wheels off their vehicle (they go until the vehicle is disabled). It is an absolute spectacle.

Damn, i'd be all over these if my son didn't have strep... He would just die to see these guys.

Edit: now that i'm all interested and stuff, are these GA or seats, and what section?

I gotta see how he's feeling tomorrow so don't put me down yet.
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 02-22-2014 at 12:48 AM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Well wife says he's all patched up today and hes up for it.so i'll take em if nobody else has claimed them.

I have to sleep when I get off work at noon, but my wife could meet you at the stadium, just text me the time.

Throw that rollbar cover in your car and she can pay you for that too.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

They are 400 level seats, together. You can pick them up on the way to the event if you like, we can meet off 75 again.
    Polished Turd Racing

^ I texted you.

Got it. In just got back from ECR, will be able to meet after the Pit Party. I'll text you after we are finished.
    Polished Turd Racing

Sounds good.

I'm gonna be there ! Yeeehaaaaww!

Great show. Those things are LOUD! good thing we brought hearing protection. You really don't get how loud they actually are until the democross cars came out with open header V8's sounding like s handful of bees flying around.

Lots of rednecks, I forgot to wear my TAPOUT shirt so we didn't really fit in. Bonus I saw a Mexican guy with carbon fiber pointy boots.

My son had a freaking blast. Thanks for the tickets Mike!

I forgot about the other entertainment aspect of Monster Jam -- people watching.

I got to go to this courtesy of the City of Arlington, being on the #1 Formula SAE team in the US has many perks. 7 specially picked team members (the ones who put in an absurd amount of man hours) got to go be in the Mayors booth with free food and Legends club passes, it was quite the experience. Those dudes break a lot of expensive things... and some of them pull of some ridiculous saves, definitely something every American dude needs to see. We decided it is the WWE of motorsports. Its remarkable the similarities
    '92 Mariner Blue [1.8 swap finished!]
    UTA Formula SAE -Driver/Fabricator

Quote Originally Posted by Sloaner00 View Post
    We decided it is the WWE of motorsports. Its remarkable the similarities
    SPOT freaking on! Hahaha