Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TX Region SCCA Autocross #1 - Sunday, March 16, 2014 - Pennington Field

Quote Originally Posted by mtrx804 View Post
    Cant find where to change my class I think I registered STS :S... I assume I can do that at the event right?
    I think you can revise your entry on Motorsportreg.com http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...8#.UyMXr_ldUaJ

Quote Originally Posted by mtrx804 View Post
    Cant find where to change my class I think I registered STS :S... I assume I can do that at the event right?
    I assume you are the 1990 Miata registered in Novice STR. You should probably be in Novice STS.

Yes, you can change it at the site, but it is much easier if it is done online before the event so they can properly plan for the heat structure. Plus, the lady that works in the registration is mean.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Plus, the lady that works in the registration is mean.
    That's a fact jack!

At an event last year said she would "cut me" when I requested a class change!

Done, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    That's a fact jack!

At an event last year said she would "cut me" when I requested a class change!
    Seriously! Did you see her on FB threatening Jimmy with the pointy end of an ice cream cone?
    1995 M Edition

173!!! We can't even get that for the tour or Pro.

If Pros and Tours were $45 and one-day events, they'd have 250+, no doubt.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Whoo hoo! 55 and some wind is tomorrows forcast... Much better than the 60% chance of rain I saw a few days ago

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I'm out. See yous guys next event.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Preliminary Run/Work order has been set for event #1. The current entry level is allowing us to go to a 4 heat run/work structure. Any changes will be announced at the mandatory 9:00am Drivers Meeting held at the Timing trailer on the day of the event.

Run Heat 1 / Work Heat 3
    BS, FS, SSR, ASR, ESR, SSP, STC, STU, DP, SM, BM, FM, W

Run Heat 2 / Work Heat 4
    CS, GS, BSR, FSR, ASP, XP, EP, SMF, CM, FSAE, X

Run Heat 3 / Work Heat 1
    SS, DS, HS, CSR, GSR, BSP, STR, BP, FP, SSM, DM, KM, CAM

Run Heat 4/ Work Heat 2
    AS, ES, DSR, HSR, STF, STS, STX, CP, GP, AM, EM, T, MAM

Paddock & Grid locations:
    This event has a rather high entry count at the moment. We ask that you please keep your Paddock space to a minimum. The Northwest parking lot will be the designated Paddock lot. Grid & Tech inspection will be in the Northeast of the South parking lot.

Sound Limit Policy for Pennington Filed:
    There will be an enforced 100dB at 50 feet sound limit policy for this event due to the proximity of the residential area. This will be measured using a sound meter on the course in a typical “wide open throttle” location. You will be notified if you reach 97dB or over. Your 1st infraction over 100dB will result in a warning and you will be asked to take corrective action to lower your exhaust sound level. A 2nd infraction over 100dB will again be met with another request. If your corrective action to reduce the soundlevel of your exhaust is not considered in “good-faith” by the Sound Chief, you risk a DSQ for the event and will not be allowed to take any further runs for the event. If you have a 3rd infraction over 100dB, you will receive a DSQ & will not be able to run any longer at the event!
    If you know your exhaust is loud to begin with, it is recommended that you bring items with you to help correct the issue. Items such as an exhaust tip turn-down or steel wool loosely placed & retained in the exhaust tip may help. YOU are ultimately responsible for this issue.

Live Timing:
    BIG NEWS -Due to some hard work by our Solo Crew, we should have “LiveTiming” results uploaded as they are scored throughout the day. You’ll be able to view live results with your smart phone, tablet or computer during the event!

Live results during the event will be available at:
    http://sololive.texasscca.org
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    I'm out. See yous guys next event.
    Me too.
    -Jim
    Ok -- who owns "Team Squid?" I want in!!
    SOLD! - 2004 Titanium Gray MX-5 MazdaSpeed (#744 of 4000). Bone stock!
    Next up: Mustang Guard EB, 6sp manual, 100a package, Performance package, Recaros and the back-up beep-beep!

*sigh* im just not ment to race I guess. Somehow my brake reservoir cap came off. Probably that one sewer cover I didnt miss... those are no joke.

3 for 3 wasted time/registration fees.

Well ... I don't think I could have picked a worse event for my return to SCCA. It was basically everything I built up in my mind as all the reasons why I haven't been to one in 18 years (a lot of time invested for just a couple minutes of seat time).

I actually thought it went really well for almost 200 people. Not much longer than an NTAXS event, and plenty of down time to spectate, eat, etc with the 4 heat format. Sorry you didn't enjoy it. At least you raw timed the Mini.
    Last edited by OZMDD; 03-16-2014 at 04:49 PM.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Nasty cold but good times. I agree Mike. Thought it went well

I enjoyed my first soiree into X. Ended up right in the middle where I figured I'd be. I enjoyed the course quite a bit...very technical and required a lot of backsiding and good placement to be quick. I'd like to give this course another crack in warmer temperatures!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Please don't say crack & warmer on a board that Mike Mc frequents...

I thought the event went really well considering the weather conditions.

Gary K did a fantastic job keeping the event up and running. During the first heat there was so much crap blowing through the lights the timing system that normally beeps when the start or finish is tripped had turned into a continuous tone with no cars on course!!

I agree. It went well, and you cannot have eight runs if you have 200 people.

BTW, the DB in the Ferrari was DSQ'd -- he left without working.

Pennington field draws a crowd when it is connected to the Solo School. The other events that are not at Pennington are fun and you get more seat time. I hope you make some more of the SCCA events because you add a lot to the competition level. All the Miata guys need a marker to catch and you are it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gernby View Post
    Well ... I don't think I could have picked a worse event for my return to SCCA. It was basically everything I built up in my mind as all the reasons why I haven't been to one in 18 years (a lot of time invested for just a couple minutes of seat time).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast