Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Miatas at Hallett - 9/12-13/14

+1 What they said.

Not sure where Connie cuts off the groups but I think it's roughly 1:35-1:40 for intermediate pace.

Ecr has repaved turn 6 they are currently running the short track until October 23 I believe. First full track day will be lonestar track day.

Btw Dustin don't waste money on turning rotors new one are way too cheap to replace.
    Blah blah blah!

Haha. You're a junkie now. LOL. Chortle.

ECR might require a roll bar though. That really needs to get done.

As for Hallett, if you've been before, they let you run on Friday. Whether you run "Intermediate" or "Advanced" was completely left up to the participants. In the end, people just ran with their buds. It was informal, but it worked.

ECR does not require a roll bar for non-competition/hpde events.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    ECR does not require a roll bar for non-competition/hpde events.
    I've only seen that at the Toy Run.
    See Item #2 on the ECR Car Safety Inspection form:
    http://eaglescanyon.com/wp-content/u...Inspection.pdf
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Engine Builder

I do need a roll bar, I honestly would want one even if nobody required them for HPDE events. It's just scary to think that if my car ever rolls(not that I plan on it, but crazy stuff happens), I definitely won't be walking away from the accident. I won't have a roll bar by 10/24 for sure, so if they require it, then I definitely won't be making it. I got bitten by the track bug, and I really want to do another track day this year, but if my car isn't safe enough, then so be it.

For when I am ready to buy a roll bar, I can't decide whether I want a hardtop rollbar, or a soft top one. The car is currently a soft top, but if I find a decent deal on a HT, I won't hesitate to snatch it, and I don't want to limit my car to a soft top by purchasing a soft top bar. The plus side of a soft top bar is that it sits a bit higher, and so it's a bit safer, correct? Decisions...

Thanks for the advice on rotors Mike, but that's been my philosophy for a long time. No point in getting rotors machined @ $15 each when new rotors are $30 each. I decided this a few years ago when I got my rotors back from machining and it looked like they did the fastest cut possible, really rough, and they machined the rotors down so much that they were no longer in spec

For a miata I'd just get new rotors. There's not a whole lot of meat on them in the first place. Something like a GX460 where the front rotors are like an inch thick (and around $100 a piece...), maybe.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567