Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Texan with a New Miata

Tire Warmer

Default New Texan with a New Miata

Hello fellow Miata-owning Texans. My name is Alex, and I just heard about your forum through some guys at CnC (The guys who came in a G35). Sorry, I don't remember your names. Anyway, I just moved to Texas last August, and purchased my Miata in October. I think mk2__ is a member on here. But he owned a Roadster with the name "Rooster", which I acquired from him. I have really enjoyed the car and am in the process of making it my own, while I wait for some nice weather to take the top off for. I think I really get the original vision of the previous two owners, and I'm sticking to that while adding in my own little details. I am looking forward to meeting some of you, and making some friends while my wife and I spend some time in Texas.

I have been working on cars since I was a very young boy, with my dad. In many ways, I enjoy wrenching as much or maybe even more than driving. It can be a labor of love: frustrating and therapeutic at the same time. I was a military kid, who moved around a lot. I spent a lot of time in the south and the north. So I enjoy football and hockey, and used to play the latter. As a matter of fact, I have been a Stars fan since they moved to Dallas even though This year marks the first time I have lived here. Sometimes things just work out! Being in grad-school, I don't have a lot of free time, but I am looking forward to getting out and meeting some of yall. I've never lived anywhere like this where there are so many race-tracks, autocross events, and karting (none of which I have experienced yet). Therefore, I am really excited to get involved. Sorry for the novel. I look forward to sharing a passion for cars and connecting with people.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome aboard...the Rooster is a very nice car.

Chassis Designer

Welcome aboard. Rooster is indeed a very tastefully modded car. Big fan of red and white and how it's used on that car.
    There is an autox coming up on March 8th if you're free :)

Welcome! Click the 'Autocross Calendar' link above and switch to March to see upcoming events.
    1995 M Edition

Quote Originally Posted by revrseat70 View Post
    I've never lived anywhere like this where there are so many race-tracks, autocross events, and karting (none of which I have experienced yet).
    Check out www.dfwautocross.com for links to all of the clubs and a calendar of events.

Tire Warmer

Great! Thanks for the welcomes and the direction! I could use some idle tuning on my Megasquirt before I showed up to that. I'll be honest: I am still shaking the cobwebs off on my performance driving. I grew up drag racing, so heel-n-toe, and apexes and what not are still being learned. I will check out the calender though!

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Welcome. Have fun with your Miata.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Welcome.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Welcome!

And a little over a year later, it's for sale again

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....ot-96-Roadster
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

That was quick...pretty car, but too pricey IMO.

Definitely "crack pipe" rather than "nice price."
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Yeah,

Not sure what Steve bought and sold it for but $13,500 will get a nice NC. Maybe he'll get it. There are some crazy folks out there and it's a beautiful car. I still don't think Steve should have sold it.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Maybe he will buy it back That would be good.

Wow, $15,101. I hope the auction winner is true to his bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271448010100...84.m1423.l2649
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Yeah, zero feedback history, so won't be shocked if they don't. Still, 2nd bidder was at $15K also, so ought to be able to get it sold. Impressive.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

As they say in the car biz, "There's an ass for every seat."
    ...and across the line.

I'm tellin' you guys, a clean NA is starting to become a rare thing; and scarcity drives value. It'll still be a while before you see NAs routinely cracking the $10K ceiling, but it'll happen sooner than later. I remember folks telling me my air cooled VWs wouldn't be worth anything; now finding an unmolested one is incredibly difficult, and you'll pay quite a bit for it.

I'm surprised it fetched $13 or $15k. I suppose if a modder knows he wants to spend that kind of money on an NA modding it himself, and finds one already completed... Saves time... Meh.

I don't see the point of buying someone else's vision. Rooster is a gorgeous car, no argument there but part of the enjoyment is owning a car like that is the build.
    ...and across the line.

You may not see the point, but I can definitely see why someone would rather spend more money on a nice car that's already fixed up and/or modded. Having said that, I think $13K is way too much for that car... but that's just me.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast