Thread: FS: Supercharged 1990 NA w/ 1.8 swap Miata

Default FS: Supercharged 1990 NA w/ 1.8 swap Miata

Before I go and pull everything out of the car, I figure I should offer it as a complete car for a week or so in case someone wants to skip the whole "build" thing. I can make more on the part-out, but labor is laborious.

1990 NA Miata, base (manual windows, manual steering rack, power brakes, that's it.) Good clean chassis, straight body with 6/10 paint (red). Car is emissions-exempt, and is currently registered as an antique ($40 every 3 years!) 5mt, open 4.3 diff.

The majority of the car is stock 1990, and is in good working order. Very light chassis to start with.

Upgrades:
    - 94-97 1.8 motor swap installed.
    - Jackson Racing M45 supercharger kit w/ TDR nose pulley (8psi), metal crossover tube, complete and installed, runs/idles/drives great. Internals are in good condition, bearings are tight and noise-free. Old-style belt tensioner could use upgrading.
    - BIPES ACU (timing controller) and Power Card (fuel controller) installed and work great.
    - Flyin Miata Stage 1 suspension kit (Tokiko Illumina adjustable shocks w/ lowering springs. Its lowered, but not slammed.
    -Car has a couple of Racing Beat chassis braces on it, since it is a 90 w/o any factory add-ons.
    -Racing Beat Stainless midpipe and muffler.
    - Jackson Racing header (fits under S/C with plenty of clearance)
    - Clean black cloth interior in excellent condition, recently-replaced black carpet from a low-mileage car.
    - Jackson Racing boost/vacuum gauge in pillar-pod.
    - Nice CD player with good speakers
    - Push-button start
    - Several wheel/tire combos are available to choose from, depending on buyer's budget and needs.

Con's:
    -Have not charged A/C since purchase last fall. Not currently blowing cold. Compressor will kick-on when low pressure switch is bypassed, so I think it is just low after sitting for several years prior to my buying it.
    - Heater core is bypassed right now. I ran water through it and seemed leak-free, but PO had the water lines routed around it, likely for cooling.
    - Many of the wear items on the car (hoses, belts, bushings, etc) are older and will need gradual replacement over the next year or two, as the car sat for a couple years. Nothing is bad or failing, just worn. I've done some updating as I've driven it for the last 6 months, but on an as-needed basis, since I planned to pull it apart and prep for track use.
    - 5th gear is a little vague when shifting quickly. Works fine and doesn't pop-out, just has a less-positive engagement than the other gears.
    - Dash is cracked in a couple spots.

Talking to people in "the know" about these setups, we think the car is making around 140-150 whp as it sits, and can very easily jump up to 170-190 whp with intercooler, crank pulley upgrade, and bigger injectors. 200+ is do-able with standalone ECU and a good tune on E85. (I do have all of these items for sale separately)

I have had no issues other than a surging idle when the original bypass air hose was collapsed, and it runs a steady 180 water temps all the time (unless you hotlap it at an autocross for 10+ minutes without cooldown on the oem radiator!) Done plenty of street driving, and its reliable and fun. It has the squeaks and rattles you expect from a 25 year old car on performance suspension, but nothing concerning.

Supercharger and performance parts will be removed in 2 weeks and the car put back to stock condition if I don't get any bites.

Asking $3700 for the complete car with street tires/wheels. Willing to negotiate on specific add-ons/take-offs.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

You know what they say. Race on sunday, sell on tuesday. Or something like that...
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    You know what they say. Race on sunday, sell on tuesday. Or something like that...
    Isn't that the moto of E(A)SSes Motor Cars?
    M3 is always the answer.

Sale pending.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Isn't that the moto of E(A)SSes Motor Cars?
    Only on stuff we sell to you. We know you like it extra ragged out.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car