Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TX Region SCCA Autocross #5 - Sunday, July 20, 2014 - TMS Bus Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    I sent you an e-mail about a credit.
    I've asked they don't due progress payments on Autocross they want all the money up front.....

Thank you for registering. We look forward to seeing you on Jul 20th! REMEMBER - because you registered online you don't need to wait in the registration line at the trailer. Just sign the waiver when you arrive, check off your name on the registration list (it will be hanging on the side of the trailer) and get your car tech'd. That's it!

0% forecast chance of rain. I'm in!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'm in.
    Brian

Life is fun with the top down!

Registered! STR is stacked like always.
    Now Miata-less. '05 STR S2000.
    Texas A&M Grassroots and Formula SAE Driver

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    I sent you an e-mail about a credit.
    Matt should be able to take care of it.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Preliminary Run/Work order for Sunday, July 20:

As most of you know, autocross is a sport that is supported & run by the participant. If you’re driving at our event, you’re expected to work at the event, too. Below is the “Run/Work” order of the day for event #5. As much as possible, we try to rotate the order for each event.
    The current entry level is allowing us to go to a 4 heat Run/Work structure. Any changes will be announced at the mandatory 9:00am Drivers Meeting held at the Timing trailer on the day of the event.

Run Heat 1 / Work Heat 3
    BS, FS, SSR, ASR, ESR, SSP, DSP, STC, STU, DP, SM, BM, FM, JA, JB, JC, W

Run Heat 2 / Work Heat 4
    CS, GS, BSR, FSR, ASP, BSP, XP, EP, SMF, CM, FSAE, X

Run Heat 3 / Work Heat 1
    SS, DS, ES, HS, CSR, GSR, FSP, STR, BP, FP, SSM, DM, KM, CAM

Run Heat 4/ Work Heat 2
    AS, DSR, HSR, CSP, ESP, STF, STS, STX, CP, GP, AM, EM, T, MAM
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Teen-...267866311.html

Holly Crap... how horrible! My heart breaks for her family.

[QUOTE=Holly Crap... how horrible! My heart breaks for her family. [/QUOTE]

Oh my God, not another one...
    Todd is like a brother to many of us racers.
    Prayers for the family...

Best,
    Paul
    SCCA Chief of Tech
    Last edited by Prof; 07-20-2014 at 09:55 PM. Reason: typo

How unimaginably horrible. Thoughts and prayers for the family.

Does anyone know if any type of memorial fund has been established.

Nevermind. McCann posted it. Worth repeating

https://www.giveforward.com/fundrais...ource=facebook
    Last edited by slates; 07-21-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slates View Post
    How unimaginably horrible. Thoughts and prayers for the family.

Does anyone know if any type of memorial fund has been established.
    https://www.giveforward.com/fundrais...dymemorialfund
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I know quite a few of you might not be on the SCCA mailing list. I ask that you please take a moment with me and read a bit about this dear girl.

As many of you know by now, on Sunday morning, July 20
    th,there was a very tragic incident involving a young member of our Texas Region SCCA Solo family. Kierstin Eaddy, 14, of Flower Mound, passed away following an accident at the autocross. All our hearts are so sad and heavy at this time.

Kierstin was a warm, wonderful girl who was fiercely competitive and did everything to the best of her ability.
    Win, lose or draw, she came away knowing that she always gave it her all to 110%! She enjoyed competing in the Formula Junior kart program with her father, Todd, by her side coaching her along. Kierstin was even more well-known on the running track. She was a record-breaking track star at Shelton School in North Dallas. Recently she had tried out for the Junior Olympics as a pentathlete.

One of her passions was volunteering with an organization called Spirit Horse Therapy in Corinth, TX.
    Kierstin worked with autistic kids at the facility. Spirit Horse provides private, free therapeutic horseback riding services to children and adults in six programs: Disabilities, Children who are Victims of Abuse/Violence, At-Risk-Youth, Battered Women, and Youth After-Drug Rehab.
    http://www.spirithorsetherapy.com/

Kierstin also attended the Shelton School of Dallas, a school dedicated to helping students with dyslexia and other learning disabilities.
    The family credits the Shelton School with many of Kierstin’s successes and was a straight-A honor student. The Shelton school is a non-profit organization that is always seeking additional funding for research and further curriculum development.

So many kind people have emailed, called and texted asking how they can help the Eaddy family during this very difficult time.
    In memory of Kierstin, the Eaddy family has requested that people wishing to make donations contribute to one of the causes that were important to Kierstin. A GiveForward account has been set up to help, and will allow the Eaddy's to direct the donations to be distributed to causes she was passionate about.
    If you would like to make a donation in Kierstin’s memory, please take a moment of your time and follow this link to the account.
    https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/6l55/kierstineaddymemorialfund

As we receive information from the family concerning services for Kierstin, we will pass it along as quickly as possible. Please keep the Eaddy family in your thoughts and prayers in this difficult time.

Thank you.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Chassis Designer

Funeral arrangements for Kierstin Eaddy have been set for Saturday, July 26, 1:00 pm at Trietsch Memorial United Methodist Church.

6101 Morriss Rd
    Flower Mound, TX 75028
    David Smart
    Mazda MX5 Club - STR 194

Thanks for posting the info.
    steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12