Thread: LINK, Fuel & Timing changes for DragStrip 103 octane

Default LINK, Fuel & Timing changes for DragStrip 103 octane

I'm wondering if anyone has any bianary or txt files from either RTLink or DLL that I could study where you have mappings for 93 octane vs. 103 octane.

I'd like to compare some maps that others have tried. I'm kinda wanting to figure out a baseline prior to running 103.

Please e-mail them to me.

Thanks
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

I would fill it with race gas, advance the timing and tune it in. I don't think you are going to find anyone using 103 on a regular basis that you could use their maps.

Since the base engine can handle 14 degrees out of the box, 103 is gonna give you a ton of room to play with. Remember to get all the 93 out of the system before trying to tune in the 103.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Yea, your right, I'm just wanting some timing suggestions to start with. I'll probably tune for a 1/2 and 1/2 mix of race and Premium gas, which would most likely be what my situation would be; at a drag event. I just don't know how much more timing I should expect, and since the tuning would most likely be at a drag strip, I'd like to have some decent Idea of what to start with to minimize the tuning runs needed. Last year the race gas was over $5.00 a gallon, I'd bet it's up to $7.00 a gallon now, so it's not like I'm going to use it often, but I'd like to see how fast I can get this car 1/4 mile at a time Without blowing it up
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

if you are retarding lets say about 6 degress at 12 PSI, then with about 96 octane you probably get by with about 3 degrees retard. The cooler fuel allows for higher combustion temperatures. With 102 octane you could probably get by with little if any extra retard.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com