Thread: Spec Miata rental

Default Spec Miata rental

Anyone know of a Spec Miata that is sitting idle next weekend(May 6/7)? I would like to race at TMS..............
    Merv
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Me too!! I got booted from my ride for somebody with money!

Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    For $1500...

We provide coaching, setup changes, & even lunch.
    Lunch? Well then, that seems like a "great" deal.

I know this is probably the going rate but for 1500 bones I'd expect Filet Mignot.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Merv, Call OK Miata up in OKC. Chris Campbell and Eddie Williams are renting some pretty well prepped SMs at Hallett, and they have come to TMS before. OK is not there business, but Kem can tell you how to get intouch with them. Their rate might be less then $750 a day. I don't know. Ara is offering more stuff then you might need, but for others his deal probably is pretty good for the amount of help and car prep he is offering. I think it is good to see a first class operation like Alara in SM racing. He gets quite a few Porsche Club crossovers.

You can try and talk Keith out of one of his since he can't race them for quite a while, and Shannon always seems to have more cars than he can do something with at his shop.

The guys a OK Miata are wonderful. I'm sure they can get you in a car one way or another. Hell, from my experience with them, going to Hallet all time, they might just let you take off in one!
    Last edited by icepenguin66; 04-30-2005 at 01:26 AM. Reason: reason for editing...codene for hockey injury
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Didn't Thorage327 rent Spec Miatas?

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    You can try and talk Keith out of one of his since he can't race them for quite a while....
    What's the deal? Why can't Keith race???????
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

Surgery.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    What's the deal? Why can't Keith race???????
    You didn't hear? He had a heart attack last month. He had surgery not too long ago and is still recovering, although he's already walking up to 4 miles a day already!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    You didn't hear? He had a heart attack last month. He had surgery not too long ago and is still recovering, although he's already walking up to 4 miles a day already!
    No, I hadn't heard. Gosh, he's not very old, thin, in great shape! Scarey........

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I have decided not to race, afterall. With a $1200-1500 rental, $320 entry fee, and two days that I could be working on Granbury, it's just not the CORRECT thing to do. I'll just have to get in more races later in the season so I can get my National license back before 2006 starts........
    Merv

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    Thanks for all the suggestions, but I have decided not to race, afterall. With a $1200-1500 rental, $320 entry fee, and two days that I could be working on Granbury, it's just not the CORRECT thing to do. I'll just have to get in more races later in the season so I can get my National license back before 2006 starts........
    Merv
    Jeesh! When are you going to finish that house?

What do you have left?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Didn't Thorage327 rent Spec Miatas?
    shoot him a pm, he can help ya out.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride