Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #6, Guns and Hoses benefit. August 24th Lone Star Park

Chassis Designer

Thanks guys. Was finally able to register and all. Hopefully will see everyone out there

Sadly I won't be able to make it this weekend as a driver but, I may bring my twins out there to spectate so their mama can get a little break. You know... earn a few brownie points so I can race 3 times next month.
    If only there was a way to fit 2 car seats plus myself into a Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Let's get a good turnout for the annual charity event! Remember, this is the one event where you can legally buy-back cones when you have an otherwise-great run, since the proceeds all go to the charity, Guns and Hoses.
    This will be the last event at the awesome Lone Star Park site for this season, as it is not available once the horse races resume. Its big and fast, and rumor has it that Mark Wortham is designing the course!
    Hey OZMDD, what car are you bringing?

Put them both in one car seat.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

The Mini, my only autocross car.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

The Mini, my only autocross car.
    Oh really? I guess I misunderstood on Sunday, I thought you still had a Miata for autoX.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    Put them both in one car seat.
    Not only do I bet my boys would not enjoy that, I guarantee the wife would absolutely throttle my neck if I even suggested it. LOL!!!!

I have a 93 that I'm rebuilding, not to race though.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Nudnik View Post
    Not only do I bet my boys would not enjoy that, I guarantee the wife would absolutely throttle my neck if I even suggested it. LOL!!!!
    What mama doesn't know won't hurt her.
    Andy Cost

Will there be a course map issued before Sunday?

Does it change your strategy? :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Chassis Designer

What time is everyone getting there Sunday? This is my first ER event so I'm not sure what to expect

Does it change your strategy? :)
    As an ADHD sufferer the walk thru just doesn't help. I memorize the map before hand & refer to it right before I leave the starting line.

Get there by 8. You will have a good time.
    Andy Cost

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    Get there by 8. You will have a good time.
    I'm sorry, something has come up in the family and I won't be able to make it

Great event. Hot but had fun coaching firefighters. Apologies to all the subie drivers for calling them pushin pigs. The 2014 caprice ppv has insane understeer cranked into them. Even the cops hate them and dont get started on throttle lag even with all the aids turned off. Thanks to Andy & ER for the opportunity to help a great cause.

FYI, the course was missing a cone in the 3rd heat, as pointed our by Scott Steider. Pause the video at 0:31 and the 3rd cone in the right side wall is missing. Made for quite a speed advantage for us 3rd heat guys. Explains why I was nearly on the 3rd gear limiter at the end of the straight.

Now Miata-less. '05 STR S2000.
    Texas A&M Grassroots and Formula SAE Driver

That is not all that was incorrect. The three cone element from 0:19-0:22 was substantially slower in the earlier heats.

Going to pile on as well...I remember going through the final slalom before the hard 180 finish and seeing all four cones half out of the box the hard way. Can't stop to get a rerun because they are still in the box.

I love LSP but drywall chalking is very difficult to see. I stopped for a corner worker looking for a box and I had to point it out to him. We won't be going back to LSP for awhile, but I would strongly suggest using crayons or something else that is easier to see on the aggregate. Also, I think it would be great if corner workers were told before they go out to check their cones when they walk out and periodically throughout the heat to make sure it is the same course for everyone.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

I went out in third heat to spot for a photographer. It was hot. Damn hot! I can't fault those guys for not being perfect in that heat, especially at the end of the day. It happens to every club. Really, you can only compare your times to others in your heat. And it makes me feel better about those in the third heat that were faster than me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast