Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSC BMWCCA AutoX #8 Saturday September 27th @ Mesquite Memorial Stadium

Default LSC BMWCCA AutoX #8 Saturday September 27th @ Mesquite Memorial Stadium

Fall Time.....is Race Time!

Time to get some runs in before the Holidays!

Registration is open for the 2014 LSC BMWCCA AutoX #8 Saturday, September 27th @ Mesquite Memorial Stadium. All makes are welcome.

Even if you've never autocrossed before, come on out at give it a try. Instructors are provided for novices, and people wanting to try the sport. Rides in instructor vehicles are free.

All participants must wear a helmet. There are a limited number of loaner helmets available for those that do not own their own helmet (must be rated M-2005 or SA-2005 or newer).

More information can be found on the LSC BMWCCA web site, and if you want to drive in the event you must register. Cost is $40.

Registration for 2014 events will be 100% online prior to the event. Online registration is available until 9PM the Friday before the event.

We will accept credit card payment on site. Note that the total cost for on site payment is $45.

**** Register Online at dlbracing.com ****

Direct Registration Link: http://www.dlbracing.com/Clubs/Registera.aspx?LMID=11&EventID=5732

Tech Inspection: All participant vehicles must pass Tech Inspection on site. It begins at 8 am and will close at 9 am.

Novice Meeting: You need to attend this meeting if this is your first time out with our club. Novice meeting starts at 8:30 and is followed by a course walk.

Worker Assignment: All participants are required to work during runs when they are not driving. The assignments will be posted on the club van before the meetings.

Mandatory Driver's Meeting at 9:10 am.

First car planned to start at 9:30 am.

We will have 5 runs in the morning and 5 runs in the afternoon. 10 total runs per driver!

After the morning runs we will take a 45-minute lunch break, during which time we will provide grilled hot dogs (weather permitting).

In! Good times with LSCBMW events...Need more miatas to come race!

Registered. Are we allowed to give or take rides, or is that reserved for instructors?
    2013 Audi S4
    1997 Montego Blue Miata

Instructors only, per the insurance rules.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Suspension Modder

Ill be going! Bringing the red miata, my first AutoX event with this car. Look fwd to meeting more owners.
    99 Miata.... Stock.... Not for long
    86 Alfa Romeo Spider... Small oil leak, part of performance package that year

Chassis Designer
    Blog Entries

Im going. Anyone have a course map?
    SEE MY IN-CAR TRACK VIDEOS
    VHM Racing-------OJCrew -"John Mugen"
    00 Silverstone S2000 (Track Toy)
    96 Miata (Project Track Beast)

Quote Originally Posted by 00MugenS2 View Post
    Im going. Anyone have a course map?
    Fred flinstone?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Instructors only, per the insurance rules.
    Thanks. That's what I thought. Just making sure to not write any checks my ass can't cash.
    2013 Audi S4
    1997 Montego Blue Miata

Badass criss cross! I feel some drift coming on.
    Polished Turd Racing

I'm in!
    2004 Mazdaspeed Miata- Velocity Red (sold)

Still trying to learn course design/safety stuff...

Considering the grip/gravel at this site, that finish area doesn't seem to be very safe considering it's going toward those parking blocks and handicap sign posts. Am I crazy?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Would be a better discussion one-on-one with the designer to avoid public alarm, but yes, the current drawing might be less than ideal. As always, remember that the map is not the final course, and the on-site reality will dictate the finished product. Fear not, young padawan.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post

Considering the grip/gravel at this site, that finish area doesn't seem to be very safe considering it's going toward those parking blocks and handicap sign posts. Am I crazy?
    Yes, you're crazy. Aside from that Oz is right, situation dictates. If needed, we will alter it to avoid any issues and have a safe finish.

Also, BMW has rented the blowers from ER. Best effort will be made to reduce the amount of gravel.
    M3 is always the answer.

Suspension Modder

Gravel helps lower HP cars.

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post

Slalom through the bollards separates the men from the boys.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Just registered. Can't believe that system pulled up my car I haven't raced with since 2006~
    See everyone in the morning come say hi if you see me out.
    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Suspension Modder

Great time out there today! Viper 360 takin out 15 cones was a classic.

Not thrilled with how the course came out. The bump at the beginning was worst than I expected. Thanks to ER for the blowers, real life saver.

I tried Rival and NOT a fan.

M3 is always the answer.

Thanks to BMWLSCCCA for a fun event! It's been a couple years (or so) since my last event with you guys, but it was great to be back!
    It was also fun co-driving with Mike! If we can work out a few boundaries, I think it would be cool to co-drive on a regular basis. BTW, Mike, I hope you can get that Vaginitis under control.

Here was my fastest run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast