Thread: NB Rear Sport Brakes - $200 obo - Almost brand new!

Engine Builder

Post NB Rear Sport Brakes - $200 obo - Almost brand new!

Up for sale is a set of NB rear sport brakes. Used less than 200 miles. This includes genuine Mazda calipers and Centric rotors. Does not include pads.

This is an excellent upgrade over the standard NB rear calipers and rotors, especially with a proportioning valve.

I bought these NEW from Mazda to put on my last NB as an upgrade from the standard rear brakes. These calipers and rotors look brand new, and that's because they pretty much are. The car was totaled soon after I installed them.

To be honest, I don't know what these are worth. I know I can't sell them for anywhere near what I paid for them, but let's just say that I paid much more than $200. I don't want to ask too much for them, so feel free to let me know if my price is too high. I want to sell at market value.

I accept payment through Paypal, or cash.

Feel free to PM me about any questions you may have.

Thanks!

Rears only?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Engine Builder

That is correct, rears only.

Is this price high? Keep in mind, this is practically brand new OEM Mazda calipers. I paid more than 2x this much, although I don't know why. I wanted more rear bias, and this upgrade accomplished this perfectly. The fronts and rears would lock up at almost the exact same time. The fronts would go just before the rears, which I believe is ideal.

Anyone interested? Shoot me a price, I would rather sell them local than ship them. I have someone in another forum who wants them at this price, minus the rotors, shipped to Oregon. I don't feel like shipping these.

I wouldn't want to guess on value, just not common to see rears-only. You might be right-on. Don't be surprised if people are offering standard used values, whatever they are. Not really such thing as almost new when talking about drivetrain parts. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

FYI...it's generally not such a good idea to improve REAR braking performance without also increasing front braking performance. Too much rear brake bias is no bueno...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Engine Builder

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    I wouldn't want to guess on value, just not common to see rears-only. You might be right-on. Don't be surprised if people are offering standard used values, whatever they are. Not really such thing as almost new when talking about drivetrain parts. :)
    Haha, thats true. ALMOST new seems a bit strange, but these calipers were literally taken out of the Mazda box, installed on the car, driven for a less than a tank of gas on the street, and taken off due to the car being totaled.

I already have a couple buyers lined up out of state, but honestly I do not want to ship these, even if they are paying for the shipping. This is cheaper than if you were to go to autozone and buy rotors and calipers, and autozone will not have genuine OEM Mazda calipers.

If someone doesn't want them locally, I will accept payment from an out of town buyer on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    FYI...it's generally not such a good idea to improve REAR braking performance without also increasing front braking performance. Too much rear brake bias is no bueno...
    I absolutely agree, it is unsafe to have too much rear bias. For my 2000 miata SE, I noticed that the rear brakes were very underbraked, with very little rear bias. I noticed this when bedding in a set of front pads, I used a infrared thermometer, and even with the crazy braking schedule that must be done to bed in pads, the fronts were extremely hot and smelling like hot brake, while the rears were barely above ambient temps.

Installing these rear brakes while still using the regular front calipers, the car still didn't have too much rear bias, and under no circumstances would the rear brakes lock up before the fronts. Trust me, I tried

Engine Builder

Well, apparently neither of the out of town buyers actually wanted this stuff, haven't heard back from them.

Price drop to $160 obo, someone shoot me an offer for these awesome rear brakes!

Price drop to $160 obo, someone shoot me an offer for these awesome rear brakes!

Sorry to revive an old thread. Did you sell these?