Thread: Well Thanks a Bunch Gov. Perry!

Default Well Thanks a Bunch Gov. Perry!

Isn't this special!

Just a couple of points that apply directly to car enthusiasts!

An increase in the motor vehicle sales tax from 6.25 percent to 7.5 percent.

Expansion of the sales tax to most services that are now exempt from the tax, including automotive repairs....

Did you read that article or are you smoking crack?

Paragraph 2 mentions that the "Governor... said now is not the time to conisder a tax hike."

The date is May, 2003.

"Such a bill would require a vote by the taxpayers..."

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    The date is May, 2003.
    Tailchaser are you smoking crack? The date is April 12, 2004. My laptop told me so.

For those who are new to the forum, we are an informal, unorganized group of hecklers who have never heard of Robert's Rules and don't need no stinkin dues
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

onething, I think the date that tailchaser was referring to is the one quoted in the article, not the one found in the bottom right-hand corner of your computer...

Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://www.cse.org/informed/issues_template.php?issue_id=1555
    Citizens for a Sound Economy article[/url]]"The State Senate passed its version of a school finance tax plan on Friday, May 2, 2003. The measure will now go to a conference committee where the Senate and House must either concur or the measure dies. Before being enacted, the plan would require voter approval as it institutes a new state-wide property tax. The Governor and Speaker of the House have said now is not the time to consider a tax bill."
    My guess is that since we haven't heard anything more about it in the past 11 months, it died in committee. Does anyone have any newer information to add, or are we just going to keep hurling insults at one another...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Did you read that article or are you smoking crack?

Paragraph 2 mentions that the "Governor... said now is not the time to conisder a tax hike."

The date is May, 2003.

"Such a bill would require a vote by the taxpayers..."

True on the date, false on the crack. Some of this has remained intact as they try to figure out what to do with the revised "Robin Hood Plan".

Houston Chronicle (April 9, 2004),
    Perry would raise $6 billion for the 2006-2007 biennium through a combination of "sin" taxes, including higher cigarette taxes, expanded gambling and a $5 admission fee on adult entertainment clubs, as well as closing loopholes in the franchise tax and auto sales tax.

But it does look like my accountant is just trying to piss me off this Monday!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    WAIT A MINUTE!!! Someone else is getting paid for what I do gratis???

Kestrel we're going to keep hurling insults -- bite me :P
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    WAIT A MINUTE!!! Someone else is getting paid for what I do gratis???

Kestrel we're going to keep hurling insults -- bite me :P
    I'm about ready to put a ash load of moderation on you Skippy!

Here it goes, "Onething, please play nice with others, don't run with scissors, and don't eat the yellow snow!"

I did hear a blurb on one of my AM radio car shows Saturday that there is going to be a change in the sales tax structure on new cars, but Goggle isn't giving me the info I need, and as Tailchaser pointed out my accountant likes giving me old information!

old information!
    Well, that being the case, don't be alarmed when your accountant tells you someone shot Kennedy. You may want to inform him that you already know about Pearl Harbor too....

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    old information!
    Well, that being the case, don't be alarmed when your accountant tells you someone shot Kennedy. You may want to inform him that you already know about Pearl Harbor too....
    Geez and this live, local, & late breaking news has been brought to us by Treiblahblah...

So now that I've had my fun with you goobers (and to get Mick to stop fuming at his accountant...)

This is still news...

Things take a while to happen in Texas...

...(and to get Mick to stop fuming at his accountant...)
    He's just mad 'cause someone messed with his Metamucil and he hasn't had his fiber today. He can be a little cranky when he's not regular. It doesn't mean we don't love him anyless! :P