Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #1 Feb 22, 2015 - Lone Star Park

Steve, Do you know if they changed the rubber in the 200 r1r or just the stamping?

edit
    I found my answer, from tire rack

"NOTE:

At the end of 2014, Toyo changed the Uniform Tire Quality Grade (UTQG) of their Proxes R1R Extreme Performance Summer tire to reflect a 200 Treadwear rating.

UTQG ratings for Treadwear, Traction and Temperature are based on tests conducted by tire manufacturers and reported to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). These regulations allow tire manufacturers to under-rate their tires’ capabilities, but prohibit over-rating them. UTQG ratings are required to be printed on their labels and branded on tire sidewalls.

Toyo assigned the 140 Treadwear rating to match the UTQG Treadwear rating required by competition rules when the Proxes R1R was introduced, however subsequent Toyo wear data revealed the tire line earned a 200 Treadwear rating.

With some competition rules now requiring higher UTQG Treadwear ratings, Toyo decided it was time to officially change the Proxes R1R line’s rating to accurately reflect its capabilities.

*In order to help drivers confirm which tire they will receive, we have identified the tires by listing their Treadwear rating on the product Specs tab."

looks like just a marking change
    Last edited by Robert; 02-18-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    Tested V2 kook vs fresh 140 r1rs last weekend. The kook in 195/15 is definitely slower but it may be setup related. Tire wants/needs way more front camber. We plan to turn the cams this weekend and test a different bar. Kook also has 3 personalities with respect to temp.
    And considering that 195 is considered to be magical, I don't find that surprising. Is that still the case in comparison to other R1R sizes?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

The ER board decided that the severe tire shortage along with lack of info on the new, but not yet released, tires from several manufacturers, warranted keeping the 140+ rule for one more season. We had hoped to progress with the SCCA national rules for simplicity, but it will obviously not be simple if we go to 200. So far, nobody really seems to think there will be much advantage, if any, to the sub 200 tires, especially when the newest stuff hits the stores.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

From what i have read on the pointy board there are 5 or 6 sizes with the same compound. Lots of questions to be answered particularly the new bridgestone. Will trying those before the college station tour. They had a heavy presence at nats and promised a tire above the r1r. Talk out if japan from the time attack bunch is that it is an improvement. Don't forget that Todd can beat pricing from the rack in many cases.

I think you're talking about the RE-71R? On TireRack they are $30 cheaper per corner than RS3s...that may change when they get more stock though. It's definitely worth a look...
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Yep & Todd is 25 bucks cheaper than TR for the 15s. Not sure on larger sizes.

Which store is Todd's? Is it the one on spring creek?
    2004 Mazdaspeed Miata- Velocity Red (sold)

Ohio

Ohio @ 121
    Polished Turd Racing

Course Map

Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

I like the path over the hill. Never did like going straight over it.

Woo, sorta did what I asked for :)

Hope we miss all the bumps! See you guys early for set up.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Stupid TX AutoX in Jan/Feb. Not that I trust weather reports, but latest update:

"Rain showers in the morning will evolve into a more steady rain in the afternoon. High 47F. Winds NE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch."

Any chance will ER considering following the NTAXS cancellation rules for this "winter event"? Sigh... if someone wants to race you can have my spot.

We don't cancel unless there is a safety issue like ice, lightning, or standing water.

Put it on your big boy pants and build some character.
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    Put it on your big boy pants and build some character.
    I heard there's ice coming. And fog. Plus locusts, an earthquake, and a terrible flood.

Standing around in the cold isn't the only issue... the travel there and back without a windshield/heater while soaking wet doesn't sound appealing.

I know, I know... whiner whiner crybaby. Y'all can use my entrance fee to buy parkas and Cold-Eeze for those brave enough to attend.

Hope to see everyone in June!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    Any chance will ER considering following the NTAXS cancellation rules for this "winter event"?
    That cancellation option only applies to that one off-season event. If it were an NTAXS event on Sunday, then the show would go on since it is a regular-season event.

You are braver than I thought if you were planning to and from the event.
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    That cancellation option only applies to that one off-season event. If it were an NTAXS event on Sunday, then the show would go on since it is a regular-season event.
    That's why I put quotes around "winter event". IT'S FREAKING WICKED COLD WINTER WEATHER. It's like fackin' Baaaston, you chowderheads.

Can I even type that on the forum?

Just drive your daily and hop in for a codrive. The Mini is available, and the heater is badass.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Just drive your daily and hop in for a codrive. The Mini is available, and the heater is badass.

Ok, I'm in for a co-drive. Just don't tell my wife my whining and complaining worked to my advantage... I hate to set a terrible precedent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast