Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #1 Feb 22, 2015 - Lone Star Park

Lol. See you in the morning.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Glad that there were that many people who came out even with the poor forecast.

David....If I give you a dollar, could you not bring out the Civic Si? That thing is scary fast!!!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    Glad that there were that many people who came out even with the poor forecast.
    Yes kids, you'll be telling your grandchildren that you raced during the penultimate hour of "Winter Storm Quantum". That is, if your testicles didn't freeze off.

Great job by the ER team to change the format and allow us to get out of there a bit earlier. Except for one bad apple in the Genesis, everyone understood and adjusted appropriately to the driving conditions.

50% of the time I spun every time.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    50% of the time I spun every time.

Don't take that the wrong way Brad... I was actually poking fun of Andy. After his spectacular spin a few of us were joking about sitting him down and explaining how important safety is to ER and we don't want to risk loosing a great site.

I would have channeled Sean O'Neal and spun like crazy if I wasn't driving a FWD car.

Despite the wet/cold, it really was a good event. Virtually everyone out there had a positive attitude and there was plenty of spectacular driving moments as cars hit the limit of grip frequently in some key spots on course. Probably the only time the mini has gone full 4-wheel-drifto through an entire set of corners. Great driving by Kevin to hop in the mini for the first time and pull 4th in pax! I only got him by about a half second. Looking forward to seeing what you do in your Datsun.

Andy was obviously demonstrating what NOT to do as a form of exceptional leadership; let the trained professional do high speed spinouts so the noobs wouldnt try it and wreck into a pole. That's selfless and clearly for the greater good.

Nice to have Whitener out there to set the bar very high; but don't think we won't be gunning for you! I'm hoping to see some great fireworks in the X-class all season, between Madarash, the Whiteners, Jimmy Jan, Monheims, Wagner and the rest of the ER crew. I expect KB will be dropping in with the SSM NC as well.

For those who were wondering, the sweeping/vacuuming of the lot during the off season really made a difference in the areas where a lot of gravel had accumulated. We still had some graveling in the tight corners that ran through "new" routing areas of the lot, but it was very managable and stopped after the loose stuff was pulled free, so a clean line was always available if you stayed tight. I think its going to be an even better site than last season. Certainly, it gives a lot of course variety and easy 60-sec courses.

One big bonus - we were able to hold the trophy ceremony INSIDE the lobby of the racetrack, which was VERY nice for the 50 or so cold/wet folks who hung around. Even though the facilities are a bit of a hike from the course, its hard to argue with heated/air-conditioned bathrooms when the weather is the opposite. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Best run, just starting to get wet. By the time I ditched the passenger and took my next run, it was slick and times went up by a couple seconds.
    Polished Turd Racing

Nice Run Mike! Smooth, looks like a fun course -- DA

24 psi boost in 3rd gear might have been too much for that vertical gate. I got PAXed and almost raw timed by Paco in the Volvo who had never driven a standard before much less an autocross. I guess last years used up RS3's on reverse rotation wasn't the best choice for this one. I still had a great time. Mostly because I got to sit in the dry trailer for half the day.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

It was a very fun course. Hope we run it again later this season when it's hot and dry.
    Polished Turd Racing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123