Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TX Region SCCA Autocross #2 - Sunday, March 15, 2015 - TMS Bus Lot

I liked the course. Managed to get to a 48.4 but DQ it because of X Class. I think they should consider adding another combined class like Tire was. This would give all the low attendance classes a place to play without having to run X.

M3 is always the answer.

We were just discussing the possibility of removing the "3 run" policy from X class. Its not tough to see who would've been on top after 3 runs, but most of us kinda hate losing two competitive runs. Based on a few chats with other X class drivers yesterday, it seems most are in favor or at least not-opposed. If enough X drivers agree, we will bring it to the SCCA board. Jen mentioned that it would certainly make life easier for the computer worker who has to DSQ the extra runs currently.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I don’t care either way 3 or 5 runs. If it easier for timing I would be fine with 5 timed runs.

I think SCCA had a tire class last year that nobody ran in. I think that nobody ran it was because of confusion over if it was offered, its purpose and who should run in it. Maybe we need to give it another try with a new name.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I don’t care either way 3 or 5 runs. If it easier for timing I would be fine with 5 timed runs.

I think SCCA had a tire class last year that nobody ran in. I think that nobody ran it was because of confusion over if it was offered, its purpose and who should run in it. Maybe we need to give it another try with a new name.
    I was thinking of asking if they could have a PAX class. Keep X for the faster guys. But add PAX a between class for low attended classes.
    M3 is always the answer.

I think calling it PAX would be a good name.

I've seen similar classes in other regions called "Sportsman" or just "Index." Either way, its a good idea. ER stuck with the name "Tire" just out of simplicity, though I don't think we actually restrict it to street tires anymore. There ought to be a cool name that is easy to remember and is self-explanatory, like "kick-ass?"

Consolidating small-number classes is great for building competition, but there will always be those who just want a trophy.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

If the SCCA were to create a PAX class, then both SCCA and ER should decide on the same name so we do not need magnets for each.

Add me to the "like" group regarding the course. Plenty fun . Tried a new camera mount. Not sure if there is that much body roll or it's the mount (both I'm assuming).

I like trophies (I like the little magnets too but you can't have both ... Mean Jen) ... but I also like to earn them. I'm running the Tire class @ ER, would love to have the same opportunity in SCCA.

Quote Originally Posted by SixAce View Post
    Tried a new camera mount. Not sure if there is that much body roll or it's the mount (both I'm assuming).
    Ok, I'm curious as heck as to what kind of mount it is. looks to me as if it's mostly body roll since the camera seems to be fairly stable with the horizon most of the time.
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

Lots of fun yesterday! Loved the course as well, great design -- and a great turnout 151 folks!!! :)

I don't mind either way in regards to X.

Some weekends, I won't find much time from run 1-3 to run 5. On those weekends, I know I drove well and go away happy.
    Some weekends, I will find a lot of time on run 4 and/or 5. This weekend fell into this category...I found 1.1 seconds on run 5 compared to run 3 and I went home a little dejected.

I think the votes for going to 5 would split down a specific line...those who compete at non-TX national events and those who only run locally and/or do MW or CS. 3 runs is how it works at the pointy end of the spectrum and is great practice for the high-pressure events. But I absolutely understand why people want 5 runs to count.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Keifersmith View Post
    Ok, I'm curious as heck as to what kind of mount it is. looks to me as if it's mostly body roll since the camera seems to be fairly stable with the horizon most of the time.
    I was watching the bottom of the frame and it looks to me like the camera is swinging on its mount.
    1995 M Edition

Quote Originally Posted by wrx74 View Post
    I was watching the bottom of the frame and it looks to me like the camera is swinging on its mount.

Yep. That's it I'm sure. It's a GoPro 8" flex mount. Little too much flex apparently. Weird that the horizon is pretty much level though

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    I don't mind either way in regards to X.

Some weekends, I won't find much time from run 1-3 to run 5. On those weekends, I know I drove well and go away happy.
    Some weekends, I will find a lot of time on run 4 and/or 5. This weekend fell into this category...I found 1.1 seconds on run 5 compared to run 3 and I went home a little dejected.

I think the votes for going to 5 would split down a specific line...those who compete at non-TX national events and those who only run locally and/or do MW or CS. 3 runs is how it works at the pointy end of the spectrum and is great practice for the high-pressure events. But I absolutely understand why people want 5 runs to count.

I think the time you found this weekend was based on residual heat in the tires with each run. In the beginning of heat 1 we had several timing issues and sat longer than we did towards the end.
    M3 is always the answer.

Here's my just for fun vid of the event:

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^Very nice Dan, thanks!

^ Thanks, Dan! And thanks for posting it on FB so everybody BUT sammm could see it!
    1995 M Edition

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by wrx74 View Post
    thanks for posting it on FB so everybody BUT sammm could see it!
    I saw it here! FB is for 's!

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    If the SCCA were to create a PAX class, then both SCCA and ER should decide on the same name so we do not need magnets for each.
    T PAX INDEX R - class

Sponsored by Pro-Tape

lol.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast