Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Texas Tour

Default 2015 Texas Tour

Get pumped!!

Current forecast: 80% rain Friday, 60% rain Saturday!

inb4 yadda yadda texas weather
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Now if there were any tires I could purchase....
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

And book your room now. Something going on in town and rooms are tight...

If all else fails Mike i have some 195 v2 RS3s unmounted that you could use.
    steve

Thanks steve.
    Polished Turd Racing

No prob. Doubt i would want them back either. You could round off the other shoulders.
    heard Phil's Tires might have gotten Rival S in 15s yesterday. Does not look good for 15 71Rs until end of April unless Discount's ship comes in...

I'll have some special sauce for the event as well.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

No drugs or booze on the site tuba leader.... and stay off the grass to...

I don't think I'm going to be recovered enough before the event. It sucks but the last thing I need is to be in College Station and some complication flares up.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Run Work is posted
    http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...nt%20supps.pdf
    Friday Saturday
    9:00am-12:00pm Evolution Advantage 6:30am Site opens
    10:30am-2:30pm Test ‘n’ Tune Tech 7:00-8:00am Late Check-In & Tech
    11:00am-2:00pm Test ‘n’ Tune ticket sales 8:20am Course closed
    11:00am-3:00pm Test ‘n’ Tune open 8:00am Novice Meeting
    3:00-7:00pm Registration Check-In 8:45am Worker check-in
    (7:00pm) (No new entries) 8:45am Heat 1 cars to grid
    3:00-7:00pm Tech (Safety) Inspection 9:00am-4:00pm Competition runs
    4:00-7:00pm Course open for walking Sunday
    5:30-7:30pm Welcome Party 6:30am Site opens
    7:05pm Event Officials Meeting 7:30am Course closed
    7:45am Worker Check-in
    7:45am Heat 1 cars to grid
    8:00am-4:00pm Competition runs
    30 min after runs Awards Presentation
    HEAT CLASSES RUNNING
    1 ASL, BSL, CSL, ES, FS, STX, ASPL, BSPL, CSP, DSPL, EP, FPL, SM, SSML, AM, BML, STR, SSP, CAMSL, HCL
    2 AS, BS, CS, ESL, FSL, STXL, BSP, CSPL, DSP, EPL, FP, SML, SSM, AML, BM, EML, STRL, SSPL, CAMCL
    Break
    3 SS, DS, GS, HSL, STSL, STUL, ASP, ESPL, FSPL, XPL, BP, CP, DPL, SMF, CM, DML, FM, KML, JA, FSAE, STF,
    SSRL, CAMC, CAMTL
    4 SSL, DSL, GSL, HS, STS, STU, ESP, FSP, XP, BPL, CPL, DP, SMFL, CML, DM, EM, FML, KM, JB, FSAEL, STFL,
    SSR, CAMT, CAMS, HC
    HEAT CLASSES WORKING
    1 SS, DS, GS, HSL, STSL, STUL, ASP, ESPL, FSPL, XPL, BP, CP, DPL, FP, SMF, CM, DML, FM, KML, JA, FSAE, SSRL,
    CAMC, CAMTL
    2 SSL, DSL, GSL, HS, STS, STU, ESP, FSP, XP, BPL, CPL, DP, FPL, SMFL, CML, DM, EM, FML, KM, JB, FSAEL, SSR,
    CAMT, CAMS, HC
    Break Course open for walking (30 minutes)
    3 ASL, BSL, CSL, ES, FS, STX, ASPL, BSPL, CSP, DSPL, EP, SM, SSML, AM, BML, STR, SSP, STFL, CAMSL, HCL
    4 AS, BS, CS, ESL, FSL, STXL, BSP, CSPL, DSP, EPL, SML, SSM, AML, BM, EML, STRL, SSPL, STF, CAMCL

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    I don't think I'm going to be recovered enough before the event. It sucks but the last thing I need is to be in College Station and some complication flares up.
    Bummer Brad, we will miss you. -- hope you get to feeling better soon. -- David

Definitely don't want some Aggie vet trying to practice horse medicine on you.
    Polished Turd Racing

Kudos to the folks that made this event happen! Excellent program. And of course to all the TXR folks that brought home hardware including KenO for scratch timing his heat on street tires & Mike for his horizon job in HS. Don't even want to start about how fast the G&B CRX has become....

And not a drop of rain during runs, I heard. Albeit there was some residual crap from last nights rain for first heats today.

Bummed I missed out. Congrats to DavidSS on the top pax...~1.5 seconds by a street tire car on concrete is crazy!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Then weather was weird, and had a pretty big impact on the first 2 heats on Sunday with all the puddles and slime it left behind, but it actually worked out pretty well. Heats 1/2 got the best conditions on Saturday, with 4the heat being quite a bit cooler and cloudier as the afternoon went on. Heat 3 had it pretty good both days, but certainly not enough to call the results unbalanced. 4th heat today had fantastic conditions, with the sun really coming out halfway through and the driving lines totally cleaned-up.

I thought today's course was significantly more challenging (and thus fun) than Saturday, which was so open that the nimble cars really couldn't use agility to their advantage, but today definitely had a great balance of tight risk/reward elements and some fast "balls out" sections.

It really was one of the better-run Tours I've been to, though the absence of the Sat BBQ party was a bummer. We made up for it at the Big As Your Face Steakhouse we ended up at, though. So many TXR folks working important jobs and busting ass to keep things going that I won't even try to name them all.

One surprising thing I noticed: only one CAM car in the entire event, and it was a 2015 Mustang. I really expected to see more, based on the success of the classes locally. I'd wager that the MW Pro will be a different story, especially with DuSold around.

Big props to Steve E and Gerry T for seeming lending a hand on a repair or loaning/giving away fuel, tools, tires, and anything else they had to practically everyone on site. Damn good people.
    Polished Turd Racing

Lots of fun crazy moments but the announcement sunday morning took the cake. We need someone to remove the snake from the starting line..

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Great event. Fun times. I was way back of the class leader, but got a little closer to him on Sunday. I was DFL in GS but had a ton of fun. My excuse is that I didn't drive quickly enough. I am proud of my mid pack finish in pax. We ran 3rd heat so we had pretty good conditions both days.

I owe a BIG THANKS to Dan for the co-drive. The Focus ST is a hoot to drive.

And, thanks to all who helped make the event the great event that is was.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

We had such great luck with the weather, I did not mind having to change on/off from the rain tires Sunday morning. Courses were challenging especially on Sunday, but had great flow. BBQ Friday night was delicious, and there was lots of entertainment from CP on and off the track.

Chicken Fried Bacon.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Webspoke View Post
    We had such great luck with the weather, I did not mind having to change on/off from the rain tires Sunday morning. Courses were challenging especially on Sunday, but had great flow. BBQ Friday night was delicious, and there was lots of entertainment from CP on and off the track.
    So what's going on with the A7s? I saw the photo on FB...is it a size problem?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

They ran the A6's at CS. Ken ran A7's on Saturday. The A7's are wider than their comparably-labeled A6's.
    Polished Turd Racing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast