Thread: Timing belt kit?

Default Timing belt kit?

Does anyone have the part number and parts list for the timing belt kit for the 1.6L NAs?

I'm putting in an order this week for parts to get the racer up & running and need to see what comes with the kit to know what else I need to buy. (Like - does the thermostat come with it?)

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Sweet!

Thanks

I still need thermostat, water pump, cas o-ring (may still have a couple left in the toolbox), tensioner pulley, and idler pulley... hrmmm...

Already have all the other parts including woodruff key, crank bolt, head bolts/washers, and more listed out... Whew.

I'm taking the week of the 23rd off... wife will be out of town... kid will be at Grandma's house after Tuesday afternoon... and I'll be wrenching like crazy all week

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

if autozone has it in stock for your car. Then the Goodyear Gatorback kit has a belt and new tensioner and idler for like $45.00.
    I bought a new belt and tensioner at mazda and it cost me $125.00 for just those two pieces.

Get an OEM thermostat. I did not a year or two ago. I recently put a new one in, the car heats up much quicker!

Go to www.gomiata.com they have the whole oem kit for like $75. They have great service also and are fairly quick with shipping.

Before your last trip to the parts store, check the rubber hose directly underneath the airbox, and see if it needs replacing. Mine looks like it is ready to burst, and i plan on doing it this weekend.
    you cant really see the hose until you remove the airbox.

Quote Originally Posted by dyingbreed
    Before your last trip to the parts store, check the rubber hose directly underneath the airbox, and see if it needs replacing. Mine looks like it is ready to burst, and i plan on doing it this weekend.
    you cant really see the hose until you remove the airbox.
    Yep... the coolant hose that doesn't touch the radiator.... mine sprung a leak the other night.... replacing it tonight.

Try Flyin Miata....their kit seems fairly priced and includes all the pulleys and stuff. Unless you've replace the tensioners recently would be a good idea.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...