Thread: WTB: Giant wooden cable spool

Default WTB: Giant wooden cable spool

It's a long shot, but anyone have one of these laying around? I'm looking for one around 24" cap diameter. Specifically one with caps made from wooden panels, laid crossed, 2 ply. Condition doesn't matter, more 'character' the better. This is for a lighting project for the new house, I just want one of the end caps to stain and suspend from the ceiling with lights hanging out of it.

Growing up, these were everywhere but people just ended up with them. I've found a couple on craigslist but they're 36" & up which is just a tad too big for what I need it for. There's bound to be a few people on here who had one supporting a TV at some point in their lives.

Ex:

Last edited by Jiggerachi; 01-27-2016 at 02:46 PM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Think JRJ512 still has one at his house.

The Spool is the centerpiece of his entertainment center that holds his 19" Montgomery Wards TV and Marantz Hi-Fi setup.

'94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    19" Montgomery Wards TV and Marantz Hi-Fi setup.
    Come on Mick, these younguns don't have a clue what your talking about……..Monkey who?

May know a place in ftw where i get burn barrels. Will check tomorrow.

Shit. wish you had of asked a week earlier. Neighbor had a 2 out for bulk trash.... and I even debated grabbing them. Sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hah! damn that sucks. Everywhere I ask people are like...yea I had one and threw it out. Where'd you get it? well I dug it out of someone's trash.

LOL