Thread: Great roads in and around DFW?

Default Great roads in and around DFW?

Does anyone know of any? In the Fiesta ST subreddit people are posting pics and videos of their cars at places like the tail of the dragon and the canyons in Cali... do we have any twisty roads that are fun to drive around here?

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Closest is probably around Granbury or Glen Rose, but even those don't compare to Arkansas or the Hill Country.

Hill country. The cops are too bad around Grandbury!!!! at least my experiance

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

+1 for the Hill country. Worth the drive down.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    No.....
    Dang...beat me to it.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

AR....Push Mountain in AR is a sweet run. Sections of 123 also. Lots of really nice roads tying them together. Less time to get there than than the hill country and better roads with less police.
    '92 LS3

A good route from my bike friends.
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...M.kNJNpFIDje7c

Also Hwy 455 from I35/Sanger to Melissa on Hwy75.

Great info guys... but what is hill country? I'm a northerner

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFiST View Post
    Great info guys... but what is hill country? I'm a northerner
    Here ya go - http://bfy.tw/2wRX

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Here ya go - http://bfy.tw/2wRX
    thanks, wasn't sure if that was out of state or not

The three sisters in the hill country fm 335, 336 and 337. Look up bicycling routes around Fredricksburg TX and then drive them in your Miata. Don't run over my cycling friends though.
    AnthonyS
    former owner of 4 NA Miatas
    94 Laguna Blue awaiting Ford 5.0 transplant
    Also have a 91 ZR-1 and 00 996 (911).

I used to know that area pretty well. My Mom lived in Blanco for many years, and I have a sister in Medina. A brother-in-law from Hondo had a ranch out near Utopia, between Uvalde and Leakey. I used to ride my motorcycle down in those parts a couple of times each year. But that was 30 years ago. I haven't been back in recent times. Maybe it's about time to take a trip down there in the Miata and see how it has changed. Actually, I'd really like to go again on my motorcycle, but the spouse would prefer the Miata.
    Last edited by 865; 12-10-2015 at 10:07 PM.

Funny story, I once did a tour of some vineyards and things in the hill country years ago, something was wrong with our car at the time so I borrowed my in-laws old corolla. Spend nearly the whole day driving the hell out of those twisty roads in that car. Stopping for gas on the way home I noticed I had managed to wear about a quarter inch off of the rims of the hub caps. oops.

Yea they are fun, even better in shitty cars since you can ride the grip limit without breaking the speed limit.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^Hoon!

Quote Originally Posted by 865 View Post
    I used to know that area pretty well. My Mom lived in Blanco for many years, and I have a sister in Medina. A brother-in-law from Hondo had a ranch out near Utopia, between Uvalde and Leakey. I used to ride my motorcycle down in those parts a couple of times each year. But that was 30 years ago. I haven't been back in recent times. Maybe it's about time to take a trip down there in the Miata and see how it has changed. Actually, I'd really like to go again on my motorcycle, but the spouse would prefer the Miata.
    The beauty of that part of TX is that change occurs very slowly there. San Antonio to Blanco has really grown, but once you head west out Medina or so it's pretty much the same as when I was a kid.
    AnthonyS
    former owner of 4 NA Miatas
    94 Laguna Blue awaiting Ford 5.0 transplant
    Also have a 91 ZR-1 and 00 996 (911).