Thread: seat mounts

Default seat mounts

Have an ultra shield seat currently mounted on factory sliders. Anyone know of a slider mount that will get the seat a bit lower?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    Have an ultra shield seat currently mounted on factory sliders. Anyone know of a slider mount that will get the seat a bit lower?
    I think all of us with racing wives (or Hal) are looking for that.

You will not notice the seat change on the clock. Get the car sorted and reliable first. At your age it is already hard to get out of the car.
    Stop hitting cones first. Wait till you drive on 275's Hoosiers and 10 inch rims. You thought you hit cones with the skinny street tires. Don't think you guys were at the top of the cone killers list but you were in the top half.

Just trying to save you some money and time the first year in the new class. Just saying you got bigger things to fix / adjust than the seat.

I'd consider 2 different attachment points rather than trying to make sliders any lower on a Miata. Blanton has a 2-position setup on his mini drivers seat that only takes a few seconds to change by pulling the cotter pins.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Don't need a slider mount because i have a spouse... Just uselube and i know i dont need this for the SP build. Had a CSP yata years ago. Working to address existing ergonomics.
    Thanks all now back to the subject at hand... Of course Jann will have something to say about that as well.

I fabbed a slider on the bottom of some sidemounts that I had in the NC for a brief bit. The shape of the floor in that car made it necessary to have a separate lever for each slider, which was a pain, but it did get the seat lower than anything else, other than the side brackets without the sliders. I've got a pair of MER side brackets if you want to try and make it work.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."