Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TX Region SCCA Autocross #1 - Sunday, March 13, 2016 - Lone Star Park

No PAX class?
    M3 is always the answer.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I did a foamectomy on my stock seat and really liked it.
    Who did?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Who did?
    I didn't want to call you out as the Foamectomy Master because everything would start asking your for help. Sammm really has a knack for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankosh View Post
    I sat in my car tonight with the soft top up and helmet on and it rubs badly. Does the hard top provide more head room?
    Sell the car, then buy another one and hope you fit in that one....
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Ahh, the KenO method.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    No PAX class?
    They still have the X class

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Yeah, but you only get 1.5 runs
    - James

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Yep, but its arguably an uneven playing field against the rest of the field for the final pax results. We already beat this horse to death the last couple of years. X-class is fine for those who want to do it, but there are those who prefer to run in open class anyway. I'm hoping that the trend towards more HS entries continues so I can just go head-to-head.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of using a grinder to shave down the top of my helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Yep, but its arguably an uneven playing field against the rest of the field for the final pax results. We already beat this horse to death the last couple of years. X-class is fine for those who want to do it, but there are those who prefer to run in open class anyway. I'm hoping that the trend towards more HS entries continues so I can just go head-to-head.
    stop selling miatas and start selling honda fits and mazda 2's if you want competition locally
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Just do what I do...look at your DSQ runs and see where you would have finished up.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

FS looks healthy. I think I might play there this year.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    Just do what I do...look at your DSQ runs and see where you would have finished up.
    Looking at dsq runs doesn't have the same value as running head-to-head on raw time. If it did, then we wouldn't need to group cars by class ever; just run everyone whenever you want and pax the times. I'm not looking to revisit this topic, just answering a question. Even if they counted every run, you still face the fact that wildly different cars are impacted differently by course design and conditions. Its a good system, but not flawless. With a healthy open class, I'd hope that more drivers would run there and raise the bar, which helps develop more good drivers. X-class gives the impression that those drivers have some sort of secret sauce that other drivers don't. GS, STS, FS, STX, HS (I hope), STR, all seem to have strong open classes now, so I'm hoping ere will be more meaningful competition there. I know I learned much more by driving in STR against similar cars than I have running in X, which offers little in the way of comparative setup/line choice learning opportunities.
    Again, this is not a complaint against X, or any pax class ( let's face it, pax is my friend in HS), but a different viewpoint on the long-term value of straight time competition.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Run 1/ Work 3: SS, AS GS, HS,SSR, STF, BSP, CSP, FSP, BP, FP, & KM
    Run 2/ Work 4: DS, FS, STS, SSP,DSP SM, DP, CAM-C, FSAE, JC, & T
    Run3/ Work 1: ES, STR, SMF, ASP,ESP, SSM, CM, FM, EP, XP, CAM-T
    Run 4/ Work 2: BS, CS, STX, STU,CP, AM, BM, DM, EM, CAM-S, W, X

With a healthy open class, I'd hope that more drivers would run there and raise the bar, which helps develop more good drivers.
    You have a good point. In my opinion it comes down to whether you want to help sharpen the pointy end of the field or develop the middle of the pack.

He's just tired of getting beat by KenO and is trying to justify dropping down to the pedestrian ranks.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Enjoyed the layout in my first outing with the Miata. Very cool
    2001 BRG Miata SE and 2007 MINI Cooper S

I liked the course layout too. I had a great time, and the beer afterwards was nice.

The course was weak. The wind was blowing too hard. And I think I got a sunburn...... Could be windburn..... 'tupid Autocross!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    The course was weak.
    You just earned yourself slow 180s on the next course that will have your poor Miata chugging.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast