Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #2 Mirrorcross March 20th

Default Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #2 Mirrorcross March 20th

Hi Guys,

Please join us for our first mirrorcross of the season. The event will be held on March 20th in Mineral Wells. A mirrorcross consists of two mirror image autocross courses. Competitors line up at a drag race style Christmas tree and compete head to head against each other. Each competitor will get 6-8 runs on each side of the course for a total of 12-16 runs. The fastest run from each side is added together to determine the overall time. The mirrorcross costs $40 for non members and $35 for members. Registration is available online or on site. We will offer two mirrorcrosses this year in Mineral Wells in addition to eight standard autocrosses at other venues. The second mirrorcross is on May 29th which is the week before the SCCA Pro-Solo at the same site. If you are interested in getting some pro-solo practice, dig the format, or you just want twice the normal number of runs then please check out www.equiperapide.com for more information.

Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

ER yay!
    Andy Cost

Are competitors who run simultaneously in the same class, e.g., CS vs CS? You use SCCA classing, right? If you are in the Novice class, do you compete against other novices across base class lines like SCCA does, e.g., might be something like NCS vs NFS or whatever?

Yes
    Andy Cost

Novices run at the same time as the open class so NCS would run at the same time as CS.
    Andy Cost

Have fun everyone! Wish I could make it.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Looking for a co-drive!
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    Have fun everyone! Wish I could make it.
    I think you have more important things to worry about. The Big Apple Baby!

94 teenagers in Manhattan.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

I will be at the AX school on Saturday and the MirrorX on Sunday. I can't wait.

I am so excited I can't even concentrate at work today...I guess it might help if got off DFWM.com and got my A$$ to work!

I'll see you out there. My checkout of the Miata after the last ER event revealed a busted boot on one of the axles, which resulted in me swapping the entire rear end of the 1993 to a 2000 Torsen 4.3....... Overkill, but I don't think the VLSD was doing anything, you cant get reman 1.6 axles anymore apparently and since I am forced into CSP anyway by my removable steering wheel, I might as well take advantage.

Course map:
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

You can still get reman 1.6 axles. Check mcomp or rock auto. Have a few in the shop if anyone needs some.

Was there a reason to why the 2015 Pax index was used for the results instead of the 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    You can still get reman 1.6 axles. Check mcomp or rock auto. Have a few in the shop if anyone needs some.
    I found some decent axles and have them in the garage. I'll offload the and the 180k mile VLSD on Cl for peanuts. I got a great deal on the torsen 4.3 and after this weekend I don't regret anything. Car is hooking up great and I really like how it behaves on the throttle mid corner. Really happy with how the car is behaving. If anything my only complaint is the brakes need more bias towards the rear, but the best mod will just be seat time. I have plenty of video evidence now of how how much extra space I am giving the cones and an assortment of other issues with the driver....

Quote Originally Posted by BatoLoco13 View Post
    Was there a reason to why the 2015 Pax index was used for the results instead of the 2016?
    Somebody made a booboo.

We'll get it fixed and posted asap.
    Andy Cost

Fun Day and great (fast) courses. Really enjoyed it. Noticed in the results my last 2 runs were missing from the left side. Any ideas? -- David A.

Loved the courses and the car! Hope I put a good show on for the corner workers in the borrowed Viper.

Also, FKO.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

The computer operators enter the number they see on the cars. Your co-driver had to many runs showing on the audit. The two runs were slower than the fastest run so they were deleted. There were a number of drivers that had different numbers on each side of the car. Just saying you might not have been the only one. You were already in 1st place with the runs you had.

Quote Originally Posted by davidantx View Post
    Fun Day and great (fast) courses. Really enjoyed it. Noticed in the results my last 2 runs were missing from the left side. Any ideas? -- David A.

Thanks guys, I am betting we forgot to change the numbers between the driver change at the end. That explains it. -- DA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast