Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Miatas @ Hallett 2016

Well, I was only thinking about renting one, from Hallet, but I will look at the other options as well.

I do have a Gopro

Harry's Lap Timer or RaceChrono app
    1995 M Edition

If you're an android guy TrackMaster worked really well for me a few years ago when I last used it. I also linked up a QStarz bluetooth GPS to it. I also rented a transponder from hallet for comparison and the times were very, very comparable. Maybe the QStarz helped with that, not sure if or how much. I think it's mainly just increasing the collection rate so might make a difference for serious split times analysis or something but just for comparing overall lap times probably not all that much?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ckmaster&hl=en
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

You'll need a Bluetooth GPS puck for the apps to work well.

+1 on RaceChrono w/ a QStarz bluetooth 10hz GPS, almost as good as an AIM solo, some features are better.
    +'s top speed on straights and low speed on corners, and picture of track so you can see brake and turn in markers
    -'s small phone screen, I could never figure out how to compare laps from 2 different sessions. I heard there was a way.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

I've been using TrackAddict Pro on an iPhone with an XGPS-150A 5Hz GPS for more than 2 years. Great setup, but don't leave your iPhone out in the Summer sun between sessions.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

In! Registered this morning.

I just registered, so I'm for Saturday.

What are the best hotels in the area? Edit: Ok, got it. Hampton in Sand Springs, OK.

How about the pre-event safety inspection? No one has mentioned this. It appears to be distinct from the Clean Tech Inspection at first grid call. The form says it has to be done no more than 30 days before the event, and presented to an authorized Hallett person at Registration. Where do y'all have that done?

The participant must have the vehicle inspected no earlier than 30 days prior to this event. A qualified individual who is familiar with the make and model for this vehicle (i.e. dealerships, specialty service shops) must perform the safety inspection. The completed safety inspection form must be presented to the authorized Hallett personnel at Registration. The participant will not be allowed to drive the vehicle on the track without presenting a signed and completed PRE-EVENT SAFETY INSPECTION form and passing the Clean Tech Inspection at the time of first grid call.
    Last edited by 865; 07-18-2016 at 05:40 PM.

I usually use Rogue at Miata Solutions. Many people just do it themselves.

Yes, stay at Hampton Inn. There is a fun banquet there on Sat night. BYOB -- you'll need it.

I'll contact Rogue. I want to get my brake fluid changed out for some high temp stuff before the event too.

Well I'm registered. Hopefully this year I get to finish day 2....errr. Day 1 I mean...
    Blah blah blah!

So it's acceptable to tech our own car? I do all my own work and feel qualified to do the tech.

Quote Originally Posted by riverman1 View Post
    So it's acceptable to tech our own car? I do all my own work and feel qualified to do the tech.
    I did last year. But is also a good excuse to go see Rogue's sexy self at Miata Solutions for a tech.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I do almost all the work on my car, also. I am absolutely sure I am the most qualified Miata mechanic in Woodbine. But, I take my car to Rogue for the Hallett inspection. I feel better by having my car checked over by him, a fresh set of eyes, at least once a year.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

I'm planning on using TrackAddict on my phone to record lap times, GPS position, and OBD-II data. Maybe video too, but I have a Garmin, so I may skip the phone video depending on how and where I have the phone mounted.

I know it needs to be mounted very securely. Those of you who use your phones this way, where are you mounting it, and what kind of mount do you use?

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I use a RAM mount with a phone cradle, on the windshield, for my iPhone 4.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

+1 on RAM Mount, I use one for my AIM Solo.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Great. I have a RAM suction mount that I can stick on the inside of the windshield. I found some phone cradles that fix my Nexus 6p on ebay.

Early (and cheap) registration ends on August 12th, so sign up soon!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast